for those with Migraines

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i normaly only get maybe 1 or 2 a year. however over the weekend, friday and saturday, the left side of my head wanted to open up. even the hair on my head hurt. lol even the pillow was to hard for my head. was getting bright lights flashing in my left eye. could not stand any light at all with my left eye.
if i ate anything felt sick.

anyway the question is, this. Normally i get it all over, but not to this degree and never just on one side.. where are yours located at?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are almost always on the right side, unless my neck is the cause and those are in the back of my head.

Since this is different from your previous migraines you may want to get that checked out.

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine always start in the back of my head and move to the front then rest right behind my eyes. I can't stand any light and it feels like the world is spinning without me. Plus sometimes I get faint feeling with mine--the worst part is that I haven't found a single medicine that makes them go away (except loratab) but I am afraid of it (I don't want to get addicted to it) I just have to sleep mine off. Although I have found that Indian Peppermint helps me to get rid of them faster. Just a couple drops of a warm moist wash cloth over my face (utter relaxation!!)

I am sorry about your bad Migraine I hope that you feel better now!! I have heard that it is common for people to feel it all on one side or the other though.

Vibes and love for you to feel better!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine use to be in the bad of my head, by my neck. However each time they're different. Sometimes they'll just pick a temple, I've had it behind my eyes, etc.

Hope you're feeling better! Your migraine sounded horrible.

conbrio

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last time I had a migraine it started as numbness in my left foot. Travel up my leg, up my torso, down my arm, around my head and face. Only on the left side of my body. After that is when I felt the effects of the migraine. A couple of days later same thing happened only this time instead of happening on the left side of my body, it happened on both sides of my body. First the right side and a few minutes later the left. It made it where I could not talk for a couple of hours. It was so bad I was put into the hospital. Lucky for me the last time it happened it was 18 months ago.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't get many, but when I do they are doozies! Sometimes it involves the whole head and neck including my hair! Other times just one side, or the front or even just the back.

Regardless of where it is I can't even put my head on a pillow it hurts so bad so I end up sleeping with my head hanging off the side of the bed with nothing touching it.

After a migraine my scalp is very sensitive for a few days, and washing or even brushing my hair is painful.

I do get an aura. It's not something that I can really describe other than just a "funny feeling" in my head and eyes. No halos or lights or anything like that. It's just a feeling that I associate with the onset of a migraine. I have about 1 or 2 minutes to take a pain medication (2 tylenol #3 and 600 mg Ibuprophen). If I don't take something within that time frame I end up with a full blown migraine that lasts 2 or 3 days instead of just 1.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Hope you're feeling better! Your migraine sounded horrible.
i feel fine now
now thanks,

it was the worse one i have ever had, along with being the longest.
i felt like i wanted to drill a whole in my temple just to let out the pressue.

i never had a headache so strong that even my teeth hurt, also what was strange was
i was getting flashing Neon red lights, normaly they are pale blue

but yea, i think i will check with the doc, cause never had one like that nor had one that just located on one side.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've only had a migraine 3 times in my life so far but all of them made my whole head painful from front to back, mostly in the middle. It felt like my head was about the split and every bit of sound, movement and sudden changes in lighting hurt like hell. I'll never forget the first time I experienced one, I was in 6th grade. My Dad said it was just a bad head ache but I specifically recall what it felt like and I know it was a migraine because 2 years later, I had one again. And then the next one was a year later. I haven't had one in 4 years but I'm keeping my fingers crossed I won't ever get one again.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it happens on one side but I can't recall which side. I have had it where laying on anything makes it pound more. Usually I will lay on my back and put a blanket over me.

I hope you feel better.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh. I get about 1 migraine a month.
Mine are usually on the right side mostly, I get so nauseous and throw-up a lot, have to be in a dark room. It is horrible. I usually get them in the morning and they last all day long and into the next day. I feel for you.
Hopefully you won't get that kind again and for that long.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had migraines since I was a teenager, I used to get them a few times a year, for the last two years it has been monthly, I throw up a lot , I can't stand the sound of my kids voices, or bright lights, sometimes if I take liquid advil as soon as it starts, I can control it, otherwise I end up in the hospital, with an iv morphine and anti nausea drugs .the dr gave me some samples to try and they are working, so i am going to ask for a prescription

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you have high blood pressure? The last time I went to the doctor, she had a talk to me about my migraines - she said that if they are focal, it is important that you go see the doctor, they can be a sign of something worse. Usually they have the vision impairment and pins and needles in your body.

I hope you are okay - I hate migraines!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i normaly only get maybe 1 or 2 a year. however over the weekend, friday and saturday, the left side of my head wanted to open up. even the hair on my head hurt. lol even the pillow was to hard for my head. was getting bright lights flashing in my left eye. could not stand any light at all with my left eye.
if i ate anything felt sick.

anyway the question is, this. Normally i get it all over, but not to this degree and never just on one side.. where are yours located at?
It depends on my trigger. If it's chemical it will start between my eyes and go down my neck. If it's a neck issue it will start towards the base of my skull and move from the back of my head to the front.

Have you thought about seeing a Chiropractor? My neck ones almost totally stopped once I got my adjustments.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you know if there's a trigger? For me it's concentrating for too long on one thing in bright light. So reading a computer screen for wayyyy too long if there's a window with sun streaming in in my line of vision, long drives with the sun in my eyes and that sort of thing.

It always behind my eyes and it's such a horrible feeling but I find that Excedrin Migraine tablets really help.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are usually on one side, but either side seems to do.

I get the aura too, usually an hour before the pain hits, though. Nice warning.

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I get them a couple times a week. Usually on the right side. it feels like someone drove a redhot spike through my eye and out the back of my head. Light hurts, movement hurts, smells hurt, sounds hurt and I get very nauseous. However, I don't throw up - I just wish I could. Sometimes I lose vision in my right eye.

I've been seeing a neurologist for several years but nothing has really helped prevent them.
Imitrex works if I take it early enough. Right now I'm unemployed and have lost my medical insurance - so no money for the Imitrex. It's about $200.00 for nine pills!

However, if your's have changed you really should see a doctor to rule out other more serious problems.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are either small migranes or cluster headaches. I think they are hormone related as I had a headache around my left eye/sinus for 4 1/2 days off and on. Ibuprofen didn't help at all. I thought I might have been dehydrated but that wasn't the case either.
It seemed to go away yesterday afternoon thank goodness!!!

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine have changed over the years, and lately they usually start on the right with auras. PMS triggers them every month. If they happen in an odd part of the month they follow a less regular course. I seem to deal better with them if I know what is causing them.

I take proponolol for arrythmia, but it is also prescribed for migraines as a side benefit for sufferers. It has been a bonus for me - I have to take it anyway - and non-hormonal migraines are quite rare.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well i cant use the PMS thing, but i had a ex gf tht she woudl get them a day or 2 before.

I really dont know what my triggers are as i get them so seldom, and never had one like i did then.

What i find different is sound does not bother me, but light does big time.