How do I get a picture by my name? (Questions about avatars)

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
How do I get an Avatar or a picture by my name?
The picture beside your user name is call an Avatar. You must be a member at least 1 day and have 5 posts before you can have an avatar. Starting out you will get 5 avatars to choose from. The longer you are a member and the more you post, the more avatars you can choose from. See the User Group threads for more information about how many avatars you can select from for your status.

How do I select an Avatar?
Go to your User CP and will see on the left hand side under Settings & Options, "Edit Avatar".

I want to upload a custom Avatar. How do I do that?
You can upload a custom avatar when you have reached Super Cat status or become a subscribing member. When you are eligible to have a custom avatar, you can go to your User CP and will see on the left hand side under Settings & Options, "Edit Avatar". There you can select "Use Custom Avatar" and upload one from your computer or provide a link to a site such as Photobucket. If you are a regular member, your Avatar must be 50 x 50 pixels max. If you are a subscribing member, you get a larger Avatar, 120 x 120 pixels max (file size 29.3 Kb max).

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't see an option to add a custom avatar. I can only choose not to use an avatar or select one from the list. Did you mean you have to wait until you are a top cat, not super cat?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

I don't see an option to add a custom avatar. I can only choose not to use an avatar or select one from the list. Did you mean you have to wait until you are a top cat, not super cat?
It can take around 24 hours for your new status to become "effective", so you'll probably have to try again later.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still not able to do it..It's not a big deal though I can do with my current avatar

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

I'm still not able to do it..It's not a big deal though I can do with my current avatar
You need to have 700 posts AND 120 days membership, you only have the posts. You joined late November so the changes should take effect in late March - a few weeks to go

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

You need to have 700 posts AND 120 days membership, you only have the posts. You joined late November so the changes should take effect in late March - a few weeks to go
jcat PMed me about it and explained the same thing
Thanks for the reply though