Suggestions anyone? (wedding related)

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I finally narrowed down that I was B in a tuxedo for our event next summer. My only issue is that the entire grooms party is all women. I'm trying to figure out what to do with them.
1) I don't want them to look like they're going to a funeral.
2) I'm not excited about an androgynist look (women in men tuxes).

So far I can't find the equivalent of a female tux. I was looking at black and white dresses for the groomswomen, but I don't want B in black and white.

The other fun trick is that we're getting married in July and its outside. So I'm looking at shorter dresses to help keep everyone cool during the time we're outside.

I suggested to B that we do both parties all the same dress, but mine in pink and his in blue, but I got a big fat NO! before I could finish

Should I have both parties in the same color of dress, but request the groomswomen to where a black coat or sheath? Has anyone here had an all female groom party???

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry Jenney. I have no idea! But that does sound like a cool idea! Are they all good friends or family?

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness I'm so confused!
I must have missed an earlier post? What do you mean a "B" in a tux? And your are having your bride's maids in tuxes or you are in a party that the bride's maids are in tuxes?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My suggestion would be. What ever color Bs vest will be, have the groomswomen were the same color or simular color dress. That's all I can think of.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Oh my goodness I'm so confused!
I must have missed an earlier post? What do you mean a "B" in a tux? And your are having your bride's maids in tuxes or you are in a party that the bride's maids are in tuxes?
"B" is my fiance. His closest friends that are standing up for him happen to be all women.

I happen to be having all women for my bridesmaids...so basically the only boys in the wedding will be B and his nephew (the ring bearer).

Yes, its not the traditional wedding party
That's why I'm in need of suggestions.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

My suggestion would be. What ever color Bs vest will be, have the groomswomen were the same color or simular color dress. That's all I can think of.
Then should I have the bridesmaids in a color to compliment B and the groomswomen? I.e do the groomswomen in a medium purple and the bridemaids in a ivory, silver or tan dress?

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to work for a Wedding photographer and I saw a few weddings pass my desk with women standing up for the groom.

If your bridesmaids will be wearing the same style of dress, have the groomswomen in black or dark grey of the same style. Then pick one of the colors of the wedding (maybe the pink of the bridesmaids?) and they have scarves (the drapey ones over the shoulders, maybe) in that color. Maybe flowers in their hair (if their hairstyles will be conducive to this) in the same color.

People will get it. You don't want them to look like pallbearers at a funeral, but doing a black dress to compliment B's tux will be the easiest way. Or do a pewter (dark grey/silver) color dress and add the color in the finishing touches. There are always ways to do it. Will they have bouquets? give them pink flowers as well? or in the boutonnière? When people see them stand up on B's side, they'll understand.

Amanda

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My suggestion would be knee length black strapless or spag. strap dresses with a large sash around the waist the color of the bridesmaid dresses. Like this only shorter. I would recommend an a line skirt if you were going shorter too.

And our the groomswomen going to be carrying flowers too? just wondering! If not I would say put some flowers in their hair or even tie one into the sash.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

And our the groomswomen going to be carrying flowers too? just wondering! If not I would say put some flowers in their hair or even tie one into the sash.
Oh no! I haven't even thought of that part. I'm thinking maybe wrist corsages? Or perhaps having the each carry a single flower rather than a bouquet?

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter was in an outside wedding last spring. They wore tea length dresses of the same color, but the tops were different styles to flatter each girl.

What about the bridesmaids wearing dresses in color A, with color B as an accessory color while the groomswomen wear dresses in color B, with color A as their accessory color. Or is that too matchy-matchy?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Then should I have the bridesmaids in a color to compliment B and the groomswomen? I.e do the groomswomen in a medium purple and the bridemaids in a ivory, silver or tan dress?
Yeah that sounds good. I would go with silver for the bridemaids IMO. Everyone else has great suggestions too.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been trying to find tuxedo dresses but I think I'm looking in all the wrong places.

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Black dresses would look great. You can always see if you can add a sash to match your wedding colors. See if your bridal salon has any ideas or tips for you. I know mine was very helpful!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you for all your suggestions

All of you definitely have the hamster in my brain going now
. I was just a little bummed as I wanted to let my bridesmaids pick their own dress and color (based on our wedding colors that I'm still narrowing down). I didn't want to do that and make the groomswomen jealous. so I thinking about narrowing down the color for the bridesmaids and letting the pick the dress with a black or silver/gray/platinum sash. also I may have the groomswomen pick a black or silver/gray/platinum dress and with a sash that matches the bridesmaids.

If anyone has anymore suggestions feel free to post them!

I'm also in search of what a tuxedo dress looks like...I'm picturing a tux with a skirt instead of pants...but I'm sure I'm wrong.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eburgess

Black dresses would look great. You can always see if you can add a sash to match your wedding colors. See if your bridal salon has any ideas or tips for you. I know mine was very helpful!
That sounds really nice!

He has no guy friends Jenney?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I'm also in search of what a tuxedo dress looks like...I'm picturing a tux with a skirt instead of pants...but I'm sure I'm wrong.
I think it would look more elegant to skip the tux jacket idea. The black or gray with a colored sash sounds more appealing and not so tomboyish.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Suggestions anyone? (wedding related) "
if you realliy really feel the need to get married,
how about just skip to vegas? save time and money

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

He has no guy friends Jenney?
No...actually I use to have nothing by guy friends...which I wish I still had close guy friends. Then we could've just swapped!

Anyway he was/is (depending on the job he gets) in social work for several years. Since its mostly women he doesn't have much of a choice.

Originally Posted by theimp98

"Suggestions anyone? (wedding related) "
if you realliy really feel the need to get married,
how about just skip to vegas? save time and money
Believe me its still going in the back of my head...

The planning thing isn't too bad, it's just the people that want you to have their wedding for them.