What animals were in your house when you were born??

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There was a 70-80 lb GSD about age 4 , one 11 yr siamese cat and one persian ( age unknown) ....

by the time I could crawl add in one 40 lb mutt

The persian liked me and I was HIGHLY allergic... she was rehomed and lived a great life

the siamese watched over me FROM A DISTANCE... lol... when I started moving he took off
smart kitty

The GSD watched over me closely

the mutt was my beloved Peggy ( supposed to be for the GSD but was MY FIRST animal )

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mum and dad had a Doberman named Zeus. They have pictures of me snuggled on the sofa with him. My mum and dad had to see him go because they couldn't handle a baby and such a big dog in their small apartment

conbrio

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I dont remember. That was 30 years ago. And besides no one else in my family remembers or at the least wants to tell me. When I was around 8 or so we had 2 dogs, 11 cats, 18 gerbils, and a couple of birds, and 5 children in the house.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
when I was born my parents lived in an apartment so no pets, but as soon as we moved to a house we had kitties!!!!!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A white, german born, bred and trained female GSD, a red longhaired male doxie, 4 siamese cats, 6 male siamese barn cats and 4 AQHA Quarter horses, 1 Quarab stallion, and 1 Quarter horse/Am. Saddlebred mare.

Ok, so the GSD, horses and barn cats weren't in the house, but they were a huge influence, my first word was horsey.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a baby they had a DMH pastel calico (I believe that's what it's called?). I even have the picture of her playing with me on a blanket.

I've been told that she slept in my crib with me and kept the scorpions out.

Later at 3 years old, the earliest I can remember, we had two cats - a grey and white female named Cuddles (who didn't like cuddling me) and a grey male named Dewy (no idea how he got that name). We also had a black and white great dane named Menna. She was my playmate for several years.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There were no animals in our house when I was born.
It took me to the "ripe old age" of 4 to beg enough for a kitten. Finally I succeeded and we had cats from then on.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Budgies. Always had budgies in my life up until a couple of years ago. My mum's side of the family were budgie breeders.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no idea. I remember my mom saying they had a cocker spaniel, but not sure if it was at the time I was a baby or not.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No pets when I was born...except maybe my sister's pet rock

When I was 4-5 we got our family dog, Trixie. She pretty much was the only pet (other than my stream of hamsters and a guinea pig) through most of high school. She died when I was 16 (I think?).

I miss that dog...she was the best

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had Duke. A black lab. He was my dad's baby. He would lay under my crib and whine when I would cry
and then nudge my mom for her to come and get me. We shared everything....literally

Duke was by best friend and guardian until the day he passed over the rainbow bridge at the ripe old age of 17

I was 11 almost 12 when he died and I still miss him everyday

annericebowl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I always remember a very large, freshwater tropical aquarium. Then I got my black cat named Fred when I was a toddler.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww Duke

We had a pug that had a reaction to a vaccination and passed away, so I dont remember him, but we do have some family photos of him. Then we got our Boxer, Dutches
and then our poodle mix Boo Boo

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A little white dog of some kind. Part poodle. I don't remember her name but I used to bounce around the house on my butt (I never learned to crawl) shouting "Dee Dee" which was apparently my word for "doggy"

I bearly remember her. She died when I was around 2 years old or so.

My mom had asthma and that was the last animal that we had that was "indoors". We did have a large dog which was 1/4 german sheppard and 3/4 timber wolf a couple years later, but he was killed by a big truck when I was around 5 or 6 years old.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Aww Duke

We had a pug that had a reaction to a vaccination and passed away, so I dont remember him, but we do have some family photos of him. Then we got our Boxer, Dutches
and then our poodle mix Boo Boo
Oh Pam, I loved Duke. He would follow me everywhere. We lived on a 36 acre farm in Ky and he was my sidekick. He became very arthritic around 12yrs old and had a hard time standing on his own.
My dad contemplated having him PTS but the day before he took him to the vet Duke would suddenly become "active"
I think he was milking it and knew how to

I have so many fond memories.. If I sit and think about it too much, I'll cry

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a Black Lab named Mickey, My Dad raised labs for duck hunting, when ever I would try to leave the yard, he would pick me up by the diaper, and bring me to my Mom. He died when I was 11.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

We had a Black Lab named Mickey, My Dad raised labs for duck hunting, when ever I would try to leave the yard, he would pick me up by the diaper, and bring me to my Mom. He died when I was 11.
Sounds like Duke! My dad was an AKC breeder too! (Not a puppy mill)
Duke would try to grab the wheels of my bike or tricycle to keep me from going into the street

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a pair of Siamese when I was born. It was so cold that winter (I think I heard -50F) that they would sleep in the bassinet with me. When I was about 3 we got a Puli from the shelter (Hungarian Sheep Dog). He was really smart. He used to herd my little brother and sister around!