TV show "Women's Murder Club"

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched this show for the first time last night and I was appalled looking at Angie Harmon. She must be anorexic. Her arms looked like twigs and when she turned sideways she wasn't there.

Is this the message network TV is sending to us and our daughters? I don't even know if I should be posting this here but I couldn't figure out any other site with such a great group of cat lovers. Believe me, if our cats looked like her we would be at the vet immediately.

I can't wait for the Monk series new episodes on Friday nights.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't notice tbh, the acting was so wooden and plot so weak that I think my brain died... But yes I agree with your sentiment. You can usually tell the difference between someone who's naturally slender and someone who's unhealthily thin.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

I watched this show for the first time last night and I was appalled looking at Angie Harmon. She must be anorexic. Her arms looked like twigs and when she turned sideways she wasn't there.

Is this the message network TV is sending to us and our daughters? I don't even know if I should be posting this here but I couldn't figure out any other site with such a great group of cat lovers. Believe me, if our cats looked like her we would be at the vet immediately.

I can't wait for the Monk series new episodes on Friday nights.
I agree completely.
I also love Monk! I am not happy about the writer's strike and wonder how many episodes they already have recorded before it happened.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, Hollywood sends out the wrong messages and preaches "thin" to their female actors and models. Some of these women take it to the extreme though and that is not the fault of Hollywood really.

This next this is not about weight, but it's along the same lines about fitting into Hollywood standards.

Hollywood is saying is that everyone should have plastic surgery and botox to preserve their youthful appearance. It's increasingly harder to find actors who haven't had any plastic surgery.

I read a Washington Post article that actually said that casting directors were having a hard time finding actors to cast in roles because everyone looks so plastic and has such stretched skin and that "deer in the headlights" look. Apparently there is a shortage of "natural" looking people in Hollywood. I found that very ironic since not even 20 years ago they were pushing everyone to look younger and more youthful etc. LOL

Tonight I was watching a rerun of CSI NY, and one of the guests had so much botox that more than 1/2 of her face was paralyzed and didn't move at all. From the upper lip upwards her face never changed. When she talked her lower jaw moved but her lips ever changed position so her mouth when she did "ooo" and "oh" sounds looked like it did when she was making "teee" or "zeee" sounds. I felt badly for anyone who needed to lip read because lip reading when she talked was impossible because her mouth never changed shape.

Nicole Kidman is another example. She has never been a "beauty" in my opinion, but she used to have a very cute teeth showing, smile. Now she can't smile because her face is stretched so tight that all she can do is make goofy expressions and smirks.

I find that I much prefer to watch reruns of older shows because I can't stand to look at some of the people on the TV or movie screens these days.

http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/

There is a list in the right side menu that you can click on and see various stars and their plastic surgery transformations over the years. It's really scarey.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't see the show yet as the concept just doesn't interest me. However I do like Angie Harmon, she was my favorite Assistant on L&O.

Well if you look at the way fashion is going the next thing to come back in style is the "waife" look, or however you say it

Personally and even though I'm not a fan of hers, I'm more disturbed by the billboards I see for the Tyra Banks lately. At first glance while driving by them, I thought it was a PSA for drug use. Then I realized (at a stop light) that it was her. Very disturbing.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Personally and even though I'm not a fan of hers, I'm more disturbed by the billboards I see for the Tyra Banks lately. At first glance while driving by them, I thought it was a PSA for drug use. Then I realized (at a stop light) that it was her. Very disturbing.
I'm not familiar with these billboards you refer to. What is wrong with them?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still drying to find a link to one of them. To describe, there is very little writing on the billboard, some catch phrase like "Gossiplicious" or something with a bust shot of her (meaning from the bust up).

Between how skinny she is, her hair cut and her make up (which is mostly dark brown or black) just makes her look like her eyes have sunk in.