TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Some people NEVER grow up!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Some people NEVER grow up!

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
DH had dumped the huge, 18lb. bag of dry cat food into the container we use for it. He left the bag on the kitchen table, and I saw that it advertised that the bag contained a free can of cat food! I asked him if he had seen it while emptying the bag; he had not. Just like little kids digging to the bottom of the cereal box in order to find the free toy, we started digging in the container! He was getting ready to dump out the container to find the can, but I stopped him. It was then we realized just how pathetic we've become... (But, hey, with 9 cats, free food is free food!)
post #2 of 14
When you stop having fun then you grow old. You should see what kind of stuff DH and I do!

Just one example: we like to find an unsuspecting vict...er shopper who has left their cart unattended.....then we put in something usless like a tiny portable fan or ONE tomato in the cart.....without them seeing us do it; then follow them for awhile as we shop to see if and when they spot the extra in the cart and if they actually put it on the counter when paying.......



BTW did you find the free can of food?
post #3 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
When you stop having fun then you grow old. You should see what kind of stuff DH and I do!

Just one example: we like to find an unsuspecting vict...er shopper who has left their cart unattended.....then we put in something usless like a tiny portable fan or ONE tomato in the cart.....without them seeing us do it; then follow them for awhile as we shop to see if and when they spot the extra in the cart and if they actually put it on the counter when paying.......



BTW did you find the free can of food?
OMG, that is to funny!!! I have to tell DH about that!! Well, maybe I shouldn't, now that I think about it....

I love those little free cans of food. With 6 cats, I know how you feel. Although they do prefer it if you open the can first. One morning I stumbled out in the kitchen and grabbed a scoop of dry food for them. Keep in mind, I was still in pre-coffee mode. Normally, they all start chowing down, but they were all just sitting there looking at me. Here, in the middle of their food dish was a little celophane wrapped can of wet food. They were looking at me like "well, what are we supposed to do with this??? Open it, please".
post #4 of 14
hehe J and I like to start loud, fake arguments in grocery store parking lots
Around here it garners some pretty funny looks and responses.

I agree, when you stop doing pointless fun things, you start to get old.
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
Just one example: we like to find an unsuspecting vict...er shopper who has left their cart unattended.....then we put in something usless like a tiny portable fan or ONE tomato in the cart.....without them seeing us do it; then follow them for awhile as we shop to see if and when they spot the extra in the cart and if they actually put it on the counter when paying.......
?
How many people don't notice?
post #6 of 14
Well we did have one older lady get to the counter and then look really hard at the fan we put in...like "where did this come from?". She did put it to the side and not buy it.

One of our bests involved a pair of bright red panties in a husband's cart! He was looking at sporting goods and we dropped it in. Saw him several times around the store - still undetected. As we were leaving we spotted him and his wife in line - NO RED PANTIES....and we just cracked up cause it was obvious that the pair we put in there would have never fit this lady!

I just wish we had been close enough when she found them in his cart and him trying to explain!
post #7 of 14
These are hilarious! I guess B and I are old. Although when we first started dating we use to like to make it sound like he beat me in the public. There were times that we'd be at a bar and he would "accuse" me of looking at other guys, then yell out "Don't make me use my pimp hand tonight!"

The looks of awkwardness from the other people were precious.
post #8 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlyn View Post
hehe J and I like to start loud, fake arguments in grocery store parking lots
Around here it garners some pretty funny looks and responses.

I agree, when you stop doing pointless fun things, you start to get old.

We don't do the argument thing, but I like to drop bizarre 1-liners, to start a conversation, and see if anyone notices us. "It's such a shame about your Mom being in jail AGAIN. " (DH)"Yeah, I know, but she just can't control herself around goats. I don't know what we're gonna do about her!" When we first were dating, I knew we were meant for each other when I realized he could just take the ball and run when I said this stuff! We'll be driving, and see someone/something/a sign, and then it starts...
post #9 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasmom View Post
These are hilarious! I guess B and I are old. Although when we first started dating we use to like to make it sound like he beat me in the public. There were times that we'd be at a bar and he would "accuse" me of looking at other guys, then yell out "Don't make me use my pimp hand tonight!"

The looks of awkwardness from the other people were precious.
OMG, this sound like my DH!!! We were once in a store, and he said something like, "You are to walk 10 steps BEHIND me, woman!" "Yes, oh Master, oh Great One!" We got a VERY dirty look from a woman, who we think actually believed DH!

Other times, I pretend it's ME who's the abuser--which is even funnier, as I'm petite, and DH is twice my size...
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargeCat View Post
OMG, this sound like my DH!!! We were once in a store, and he said something like, "You are to walk 10 steps BEHIND me, woman!" "Yes, oh Master, oh Great One!" We got a VERY dirty look from a woman, who we think actually believed DH!

Other times, I pretend it's ME who's the abuser--which is even funnier, as I'm petite, and DH is twice my size...
Oh I wish I could play the abuser sometimes. He's even gone so far as spank me in public, i.e. at the grocery store if I'm looking at a bag of cookies, he's come and spanked me saying "You're fat enough as it is" (I'm actually really skinny)
post #11 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasmom View Post
Oh I wish I could play the abuser sometimes. He's even gone so far as spank me in public, i.e. at the grocery store if I'm looking at a bag of cookies, he's come and spanked me saying "You're fat enough as it is" (I'm actually really skinny)
Mine will say (please keep in mind we're not into "alternative lifestyles"--just a disclaimer here!!!): "I'll give you a spankin'!" To which I always say: "Promises, promises!" Now THAT gets some mighty funny glances in WalMart!
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
When you stop having fun then you grow old. You should see what kind of stuff DH and I do!

Just one example: we like to find an unsuspecting vict...er shopper who has left their cart unattended.....then we put in something usless like a tiny portable fan or ONE tomato in the cart.....without them seeing us do it; then follow them for awhile as we shop to see if and when they spot the extra in the cart and if they actually put it on the counter when paying.......



BTW did you find the free can of food?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
Well we did have one older lady get to the counter and then look really hard at the fan we put in...like "where did this come from?". She did put it to the side and not buy it.

One of our bests involved a pair of bright red panties in a husband's cart! He was looking at sporting goods and we dropped it in. Saw him several times around the store - still undetected. As we were leaving we spotted him and his wife in line - NO RED PANTIES....and we just cracked up cause it was obvious that the pair we put in there would have never fit this lady!

I just wish we had been close enough when she found them in his cart and him trying to explain!
Oh my goodness! I sooo have to try that!
post #13 of 14
These are all hilarious!

Note to self: DO NOT allow John to read this thread!
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlyn View Post
hehe J and I like to start loud, fake arguments in grocery store parking lots
Around here it garners some pretty funny looks and responses.

I agree, when you stop doing pointless fun things, you start to get old.
My ex and I would do that! We would start yelling at each other in public.
We'd also walk past the women's underwear and I'd size him for bra's, panties and pantyhose saying "I think you'd look great on the corner wearing these"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Some people NEVER grow up!