I really hate this

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's 5:30 AM and John and his dad just left for Tennessee to pick up that car. I'm sooooo worried about him.
We're never really apart except for when he goes to work but even then we talk on IM almost all day. He'll be gone until at least late tonight, possibly until tomorrow if it gets too late and they get too tired. I hate being a chronic worrier though!

It really isn't such a bad thing, I've got a bunch of things that I want to get done that I wouldn't normally get to do on the weekends when he's home because we're always so busy working on stuff outside or we're gone. Plus I've stocked up on a bunch of movies to watch later!

Please send some of those excellent TCS vibes that they stay safe and make it back tonight!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been up since 4:30 AM, we went out and got the truck hooked to the trailer and they left a little before 5:30. Since then I've managed to shower, feed horses, feed dogs & cats, walk dogs, clean litter boxes, and watch a movie, LOL. Just talked to John a little while ago, and they were about 100 miles from their destination. They should be there before noon and then get loaded up and head back. If all goes well and they don't have to make too many stops they may be back here before 8 tonight, and I'm glad about that!

Or, just spend the whole day on here! We'll keep you company.
That's why I love TCS, it may sound silly but I never feel alone when I come on here!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
May I suggest Retail Therapy?

that always takes my mind off of things when I'm worried!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

May I suggest Retail Therapy?

that always takes my mind off of things when I'm worried!
Lol, I would if I could but I have zero money at the moment. Tomorrow is shopping day though!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Awwww He'll be ok
When will he let you know if he has to stay over or not?.

At least he's got company with his dad being there
He's been sending me text messages every so often to keep me updated. They picked up the car a couple hours ago but stopped for food and diesel so they just left that area of Tennessee about half an hour ago. Then it's another 6 hours back plus any stops. So if they come straight back, they should make it back by around 9. The only way they're going to stay overnight now is if they're both too tired to drive since they've both been up since 4:30 AM.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's been a long day for them both hasn't it, which is another good reason that he's got company.

At least their doing stops, because that's what they always reccomend, even if it's just for a quick 15 minute coffee and some fresh air

Gil gets tired really easy, and that's why i make him get the train when he comes to mine otherwise it's a 7 hour journey, and doing that alone i wouldn't like, plus the train gets him here in 5 hours.

He'll be ok though don't worry. Where would we be without mobile phones?

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel!!! I am the same way! I ALWAYS worry about Michael, even if he's just going to work. I'm sooo scared that something will happen to him! While growing up, my mom was a single parent. She would go on business trips sometimes. I would WORRY so much! I don't know if worrying came from that and being scared of being alone. I now have the same fear of being alone and something happening to Michael.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm the same way. Though it really sucks for me since my DH doesn't like to call, though we talk all day via IM while I'm at work or if I go to like my sisters or brothers house. It's funny!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just talked to him again, he's less than 3 hours away now! He said they're going ahead and coming back. I don't know how I would have survived without the cell phones, LOL.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

Just talked to him again, he's less than 3 hours away now! He said they're going ahead and coming back. I don't know how I would have survived without the cell phones, LOL.
I always hate it when DH goes on hunting trips because he doesn't get cell reception. I do ok, but I'm very happy when he calls coming home. I always leave him a message each night telling him good night.

I also spend a lot of time in TCS.