Update on Jezabel the 3 legged kitten! (Good news today!)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a little update for everyone who's been following the story of my sweet foster kitten, Jezabel. Today we have some good news after a week filled with rough times!
I took Jezzy into work with me today to see the vet and the vet said she should be just fine! She didn't have anymore diarreah last night -and is able to eat/drink just fine now
She's made leaps and bounds in the past 24 hours and is doing MUCH better now!
I'm sooooo thrilled!!!!! I just wanted to let everyone know she's doing better today! Those TCS vibes really helped

(here's the link to the origional thread http://thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147445 )

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Awww Nikki, that is great news
Thankyou Natalie!
I am sooo thrilled my sweet little girl is doing better!!! I can't possibly tell everyone how happy this makes me! I was REALLY worried about her for a while there. I'm glad she finally seems to be bouncing back now
The vet said the amputation site should be ok- she looked at it really well and said as long as she doesn't start bleeding again not to worry. She can't add any more glue to it because the edges of the incision site aren't fresh anymore - but that it should be just fine since i'm keeping it soo clean. The stitches come out 14 days after the surgery (it was origionally going to be 7-10 but then we had the setback- so they're staying in a little longer) so she should have her stitches out in another week!

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I read the previous thread, but it didn't say what happened initially for the leg to be amputated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

That is wonderful news!!
Thankyou!!

Originally Posted by Cinder

I read the previous thread, but it didn't say what happened initially for the leg to be amputated.
We don't know what happened to her little leg. When the lady who found her brought her in, Jezabel's little leg was shattered and just mangled horribly. I wish i knew what happened and i had some answers, as i'm curious too, but we really don't know.
There was definitely no saving the leg though- it was shattered horribly- no way it could have been repaired.

I think she feels a lot better now that the leg is gone. She was just miserable dragging it behind her when she first came in- you could tell she was in tons of pain then as well

Fortunately though now- she will NEVER have to go through anything like that again. She is the most spoiled baby ever!
I keep her right with me everywhere i go at home. When i took her to work with me today- she got "special treatment" and got to stay in my boss's office today and i swear my boss held her 1/2 the day and told her how cute she was
We also spend tons and tons of time working with her to strengthen the rest of her limbs to make her strong
I made some tinsy tiny little steps and she's learning to go up and down them (but not to too much as she stil has stitches). The vet said i'm doing a good job with her rehab and she expects her to function very well as she ages