pregnant cat

strevarthen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat is pregnant no idea how long she has got she is a very scared cat but at the moment she is trying so hard to be affectionate I have never seen her so affectionate actually, her nipples are raised and pink she is usually a skinny at but is quite large at presant, do cats lose the fur aff there tummy when pregnant or at least thin out
Nat

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Around her nipples she may lose a little hair from grooming. Do you know when she escaped outside? Or did you find her pregnant? How old is she? She can still be spayed while pregnant so that she doesn't have to go through that ordeal and risk the health of her and her kittens. Since she I am assuming, mated with a random cat, she will need to be tested for FIV/FeLV whenever the vet can do it.

Please remember to keep her inside strictly until the babies are old enough to leave her (12-14 weeks) and you can have her spayed. The kittens too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strevarthen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found her this way and i would guess she is almost due she keeps trying to get into very small areas eg a drawer where we keep videos underneath couch cushions hides behind things her nipples are quite large I am keeping her inside 24/7 and will do so until babies are weaned and she is desexed

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As she is trying to get into drawers and things, you should make her a nesting box if you haven't already done so. It sounds like the time is near. Have you seen movement in her tummy?

Keep us updated

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strevarthen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

I've added your kitty to our "Kitten Watch" thread here: http://thecatsite.com/forums/showthr...122520&page=22

Please keep us updated on her! What is her name?
her name is Tinkerbell and she has given birth to three beautiful kittens she is very protective and growls at anyone that walks in the door, she will though let me pat her she is a good mum. she is natural in the sense she knew exactly what to do.