New Evo 95% for cats

river

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anyone try it, it isn't at my local pet store yet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

river

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just went through the ingredients and nutrient analysis, I think it's the exact same thing as the dog food.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
that is true for the reg evo and I think i did check and find out it is the same...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jenwales

Do they at least add taurine in the cat version?
no the taurine % is the same dog and cat ... DOgs need taurine

jenwales

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

no the taurine % is the same dog and cat ... DOgs need taurine
Thanks. I thought that cats had a greater need for it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jenwales

Thanks. I thought that cats had a greater need for it.
they do but Natura as a company seems to use the same HIGHER than typical amount for dog and cat formulas

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is not available at my stores yet, or on petfooddirect but I will probably try some when I can get it, since Riley loves the regular Evo canned.

sham

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do I read this right? They are selling dog food formula as cat food?
Depends how you want to look at it. Are they selling dog food as cat food or cat food as dog food or are they right and it meets the nutritional needs of both?

All of the evo products are the same for cats and dogs. They just stick a different label on it. Technically I was using the canned evo cat food for my dog since the store didn't sell the cans with the dog food label but the stuff in the can is the same. Price is the same too.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sham

Depends how you want to look at it. Are they selling dog food as cat food or cat food as dog food or are they right and it meets the nutritional needs of both?

All of the evo products are the same for cats and dogs. They just stick a different label on it. Technically I was using the canned evo cat food for my dog since the store didn't sell the cans with the dog food label but the stuff in the can is the same. Price is the same too.
here the dog cans run about 2 bucks for a 12-13 oz can

the cat can is about 1.60 $ for 5-6 oz

G

ghostuser

I tried a couple of them.. Chase wanted nothing to do with it. He didn't like the regular EVO cans either, though, so not a huge surprise. The dogs were quite happy to eat it for him, though. I don't remember how much they were, just that they were a bit expensive, and my pet shop just carries the one labelled dog because she can get them cheaper.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know someone with several dogs and cats and since she retired she has been feeding the EVO dog formula to both her dogs and cats. She did it for financial reasons and she said that it is the only commercial food she knows of that you can do that with.

sham

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The store is marking them up differently then. I've gotten the prices straight from the manufacturer as well as checking alot of online sites and it's the same for both. I usually don't buy canned food locally because I order it by the case and buying in bulk is cheaper online but the stores that did quote me prices for a whole case it was always the same.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kalikat

I thought that cats had different nutritional needs than dogs.
Yes and NO ...

You cant feed a CAT all dog /... but you can feed a dog all cat ...

Both need taurine and many premiums now put taurine in dog ... Protein and fat of a wild dog diet mimics typical cat food