VERY SCARY Toy Recall!

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh! I don't have children, but I read the article and that is very scarey!

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness!
Thankfully I did not get this for my kids. They have been wanting it. I was thinking about it for Christmas...good thing they found this out. Sheesh, even kid toys you can't be sure of these days.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea some friends and I were talking about they looked amusing the other night in walmart. Very glad we didnt buy some... especially with a kitty that eats EVERYTHING in the house!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw it on the news last night
, and I am thankful I did, I was considering getting that toy for my daughter for Christmas. I am wondering what is safe to buy the kids,

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by My cat Mellow

here is the link to the toy..

http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/aquadots402.html
Scroll down to the bottom! It says "we are currently taking orders for aqua dot products"
Why on earth would they leave that on there with the recall info at the top? That is soo weird! I hope they take that statement off the website and pull everything from the stores asap. How scarry! You just can't trust China!
I'm not buying ANYTHING made in China for my nieces or nephews for Christmas.

footersownsme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
working at an emergency vet office we actually saw a sheltie that had eatten these dots. The scariest part was there are no ingredients on the box, on the website, no where. Poison Control didnt even have a clue as to what was in them or even how to help the dog. The poor dog was a mess and at a few points over night we didnt think he was going to make it. Thank god he pulled through, the dog was pretty much in a coma almost the whole night and then out of no where he snapped out of it. Now that they have released the info bout the dots metabolizing into the date rape drug it all makes sense.

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I can Say is FLIPPIN HECK!!! I'm so glad we don't have that over here. Where is it made? I just can't believe this would end up in a child's toy. And lets face it, alot of kids like those sort of activities. I think we are going to see a few more hospitalizations yet.....

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Scroll down to the bottom! It says "we are currently taking orders for aqua dot products"
Why on earth would they leave that on there with the recall info at the top? That is soo weird! I hope they take that statement off the website and pull everything from the stores asap. How scarry! You just can't trust China!
I'm not buying ANYTHING made in China for my nieces or nephews for Christmas.
Its not just China though..