Bedroom colour themes

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I am thinking for the next house, i want to have a theme for my room. Though i have a lot of decorations and toys that are different colours, i'd love the theme to be mainly aubergine and turquoise. Obviousely the shades will vary (maya blue, cyan, plum, purple etc) what do you guys think? I LOVE these two colours. I already have these colours in sheets/pillowcases, rugs and my lamp. I don't know if i'll get to paint the room at all (if i did i'd only do one feature wall). I think if i did it right, it would be ok. Mum's giving me her dressing table which she's had for 30 years (my next room doesn't have a built in robe and i'm swapping the wardrobe i've had stored away since we got here, for the drawers) and it's laminated brown. I want to strip it and paint it to match the decor.

Does anyone here have any main colours? Being aquarius/artistic/left handed/witch, i'm always going to have things out of place, but this really feels right now. Especially being we'll finally be in a house that we are comfortable in.

I suppose this thread is more for the ladies
did your themes turn out?

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that sounds great! I can't wait until we're in our own house and can do some painting. As of right now, three of my walls are concrete and the other is black plastic!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well our master bedroom has the walls painted a paler blue with a sand colored carpet.
I have some boat prints hanging in the room.
The guest bedroom has more of a forest/woodsy theme going on.

I got out my color wheel and if you want some accents you should try colors in the yellow or orange range or even some green-yellow range.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that sounds pretty! I datted a guy that decorated his own house and it was GORGEOUS!!! Can you believe it!?! A guy did it all by himself! His bedroom was my favorite, it was a light pale green with palm tree boarder, and he had palm tree/island decor all over the room. It was just so pretty and so relaxing in there!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that sounds lovely, but then, I'm an Aquarius, too.
A nice springy light green would be so pretty with those colors!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I Love the ideas on the colors!
Right now I cant decorate a lot in my room, so nothing is really pulled together. My bed is a tropical theme kinda. I have a surf board fitted sheet with a red top sheet and a sage green comforter it works really good together actually!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found a book at a yard sale called The Power Of Color, and it has a lot of useful info about what colors bring about what emotions and feelings. It has a great chapter on decorating your home in what colors for what room for relaxing, stimulating creativity, appetite, etc. It also has a great chapter on stones and which ones should be placed in what rooms. I would love to put some of it to the test because it sounds beautiful, but I rent, so no real decorating for me right now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried that emotional colour thing. My last bedroom was liliac/lavender for a few years, and some days it didn't relax me at all, it annoyed me. And purple is my favourite colour. So i think with a dark purple/plum and turquiose maybe some silver or brass things thrown in, will do wonders for my nerves. I prefer darker, as long as the room doesn't feel too small

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

I tried that emotional colour thing. My last bedroom was liliac/lavender for a few years, and some days it didn't relax me at all, it annoyed me. And purple is my favourite colour. So i think with a dark purple/plum and turquiose maybe some silver or brass things thrown in, will do wonders for my nerves. I prefer darker, as long as the room doesn't feel too small
Same here, I tried the emotion type colors but it didn't really faze me and I felt a bit bored with them. So now I'm liking bold, contrasting colors like cream, black/dark brown and red for our dining room. Our bedroom is still a work in progress but the bed is dust blue and white. It used to be black, beige and white but it was changed when we got our king bed, not a queen. And don't get me started on the living room, that's still a mess of non-matching furniture.
I want to make it the same colorings as the dining room though in the future with slip covers.
Kitty furniture doesn't count though!

I do like the brown, teal and white combo as well as it with pink instead of teal. Sage green, white wine, and light red wine is a combo that my parents have in their house. It looks so good!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

So now I'm liking bold, contrasting colors like cream, black/dark brown and red for our dining room. Our bedroom is still a work in progress but the bed is dust blue and white. It used to be black, beige and white but it was changed when we got our king bed, not a queen. And don't get me started on the living room, that's still a mess of non-matching furniture.
I want to make it the same colorings as the dining room though in the future with slip covers.
Kitty furniture doesn't count though!

I do like the brown, teal and white combo as well as it with pink instead of teal. Sage green, white wine, and light red wine is a combo that my parents have in their house. It looks so good!
Oh yes well kitty furniture and toys are always going to mess with the decor

I've always liked the idea of those mock suede dining chairs in yummy chocolate colours and dark dusky feature walls, it isn't me as such, but they look soo nice