I Wanted to Murder Enzo Tonight!!! Blake Had to Jump out the Window!!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really really really really wanted to murder Enzo just about an hour ago. Blake and I were in the bedroom.....next thing we know..... There's a terrible big BANG outside the bedroom door. Blake, the SO, gets up to see what it was and the door only opens about half an inch!!!! The door opens out and into a hallway. Enzo, the darling
, knocked over a big DVD stand that we keep in the hallway. Of course the stand is wedged between the wall and our door......we have no way to get out, and no phone to call someone!!!!

So.....we wonder what the
we can do. Our only option, open the window and jump onto the garage and then the ground. Yeah, and then we realize we just winter proofed our house a week prior and there's caulking ALL around the window!!! At this point I start to get claustrophobic and tell Blake he's got to break down the door, I have to get out, I'm all shaky and worried about the whole thing. We finally get the caulking off about 30 minutes later AND the window is a mini window, you know, one of those you can barely fit a small air conditioner in!!!!!

After some more time passes Blake gets through the window with me holding his hands as he drops to the garage, and then he has to get the guts to jump off the garage and onto the frozen ground!!!! It was horrible! He made it off the garage and luckily we keep a key outside for weird things like this.

One hour after being stuck in the bedroom......

Enzo.....you're lucky I we you!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Enzo, that was a naughty naughty thing to do!

Glad to hear that it all worked out though, especially that your SO got down okay!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah..... I forgot to say that the whole time we were trapped in the bedroom all THREE cats were pawing inside the door and meowing. As if we had a choice to get out or let them in!!!!!!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol But they just wanted to be where Meowmy and Purrrpaw were. After all, it wasn't fair that you got to be in the room and they couldn't be.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might want to bolt that to the wall or move it to prevent future accidents.
Just be glad no one was hurt in any way. And I bet since they were all meowing that they knew you were upset.

sham

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
At this point I start to get claustrophobic and tell Blake he's got to break down the door
Why try to break the door instead of the window? Perhaps it's the fact I have 50year old solid oak doors that aren't going nowhere without one impressive sledge hammer but I think I'd go for breaking glass before wood. Then again unless there was some other emergency I'd probably just sit there debating what to do when I have to pee since someone will come looking for me in the next 24-48hours. I'm not gonna die in that time but I will have to use the bathroom very badly.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes! That must have been aweful. But you know -it may be a blessing in disguise. Maybe now that you see how easily ya'll could be trapped in your room- you can move some things around to make it easier for you guys to escape should there ever be a fire and you find yourselves in that situation again- you never know! Maybe Enzo's goofy mishap could save your lives someday because now you know how easy it was for you two to be trapped in there- now you can fix that!

mezlo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Did either you have a cell phone handy? You might've called a neighbor or friend to come break you out of jail.

Mez

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Yikes! That must have been aweful. But you know -it may be a blessing in disguise. Maybe now that you see how easily ya'll could be trapped in your room- you can move some things around to make it easier for you guys to escape should there ever be a fire and you find yourselves in that situation again- you never know! Maybe Enzo's goofy mishap could save your lives someday because now you know how easy it was for you two to be trapped in there- now you can fix that!
You know, that's how we look at it now that's it's all over! It is scarey to think their could have been a fire and we would have been trapped.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sham

Why try to break the door instead of the window? Perhaps it's the fact I have 50year old solid oak doors that aren't going nowhere without one impressive sledge hammer but I think I'd go for breaking glass before wood. Then again unless there was some other emergency I'd probably just sit there debating what to do when I have to pee since someone will come looking for me in the next 24-48hours. I'm not gonna die in that time but I will have to use the bathroom very badly.
That's very true
Our doors are the really cheap fake wood doors, so it wouldn't have cost that much to replace it, and it would have broke so easy.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Why didn't he try taking the door off of the hinges?
The hinges, of course
, were on the other side of the door!