Ok, so this is a tad scary - but good!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I just had a positive pregnancy test. I guess all the advice I was given about my brief relationship hiatus with Max - you know, about firing it up in the bedroom to get things back on track - may have paid off more thoroughly than I'd anticipated!

It is VERY early days - I can't remember when my last period was and so I'd only be a few weeks, if that, but the test showed up a second faint blue line almost immediately, and I've just had a blood test to confirm. I should have those results within the hour.

Of course, we would be very happy about this - but jeepers! I'm scared to death. What a responsibility!

I'll keep you posted

conbrio

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
if you want practice children, I can lend you mine. 2 girls ages 3 and 1. just dont tell my wife. she will give me very dirty looks and possibly hit me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol! Thanks everyone - but I don't want to jump the gun too soon. I mean, the line was faint, and the pharmacist at work said she thought that meant it was negative. Which is why I decided to have a blood test. But on the box it said that a faint line showing up within 5 minutes (which it did) meant that you were pregnant but just very early. For me, it would literally be a matter of a couple of weeks. Although my best friend said they take it from the last day or your last period (which I can't remember) so it would be more like four to six weeks.

I'm literally watching the fax like a hungry cat - waiting, waiting for the results.

Sometimes it's very handy to work for a doctor

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that everything works out the way you want it too!
I'm glad you got a blood test too though- not too long ago i thought i was- i had a few positive tests and one negative (did all of them properly)- but when i went to the doctor- i wasn't and i found out i had pcos so i don't think the otc tests are 100%- in the future i'm going just with the blood tests

Aww how exciting hon! I could soo see you being an AWESOME mommy!
Keep us posted! I'm excited for ya!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the blood test was positive too. But only very low levels, so I have to have another one on Monday to be really sure. OMG!! How can I wait until Monday?????

lizsto1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, treat it as if you are. How wonderful. Congratulations.

Oh and make HIM change the litterbox now!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it looks like there's no turning back now

Good luck though, I'm happy for you!! And glad it's not me!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's just surreal. I can't get my head around it. All of a sudden in the space of literally less than five minutes my whole future has changed. That's quite exciting - and REALLY scary.

But, after all, it could still turn out to be negative. The suspense will kill me - I'm not a fan of surprises!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WOOHOO!!! Congratulations Sarah! I'm so excited for you and wish you all the very best for a happy and trouble free pregnancy! Get ready to feel as sick as a dog for the next 8 weeks or so