My cat is pink!

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What a day! It started out this morning by waking up and finding red and blue paint on our bathroom sink.

Then Peeps my white cat came walking to me and she has red paint all over her!!!

Turns out that my son decided to paint everything in his room. I cant tell if he painted the cat also or had paint on his hands and petted her.

SO about 10 mins before having to leave for work I had to give her a bath.

I dont have cat shampoo as I never had to give them a bath before. She did not like it at all.

Well since I only used water it didnt get all the paint out and now I have a PINK cat. At least shes a girl so pink kind of becomes her.

My day only got worse. But I guess that should have told me I should just have went back to bed.

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh no. . . .I would have cried. .. Mine is also white, well is supposed to be white, however she is an adventurous little soul and gets into everything, and me trying to give her a bath is impossible. . . I have to take her to the vet to be bathed. . . She is a lovely shade of under the couch white. . . Sorry about the mess!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah wasnt a great way to start the day.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no!
If you ever run into a situation like that again (and i hope you don't!
) It's safe to use regular Dawn dishsoap (in the blue bottle) mixed with a little baking soda to bathe her in!

I'll never forget the time my Isabella had her first bath -she FREAKED out when it was time to take her out of the tub and dry her. She ran out of my arms and straight into the litter pan....filled with clumping litter!
My gorgeous turkish angora with her angora fur was covered HEAD TO TOE in clumping cat litter (which quickly because like cement
) she was SOOO ticked off! It was aweful!
I wouldn't wish that on anyone!

It took me several hours to get all the litter out- i had to go through each and every strand of her fur with a flea comb to get the clumping litter out, then i had to bathe her again because she got herself sooo filthy
Fortunately for us though- bath time has only improved since then
All of my kitties are now used to regular baths and do good now! I'll never forget that day though- i about died when she jumped in that litter pan
I feel your pain!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think there's someone on the site that had that happen, but with a SHOW cat, and it ended up having pink paws at the show! So it could be worse, LOL.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to add- a while back i had a white ragdoll kitten named Lex (he passed away sadly from some aweful seizures
he was very young.) Anyways- the red pedialyte we were giving him for extra electrolytes/etc while he was fighting to make it stained his white fur pink. One of the breeders suggested i try using a blueing shampoo-
Nexxus Simply Silver - you may want to try that to get the pink color out!

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the tips. She still is a little pink i just wanted to give her a little time before giving another bath. I would never have thought about the ltter being a problem. I also have clumping cat litter so now I know to keep the cats away from it after baths.

I am kind of glad it is peeps and not the other2. She is really laid back and dont bite at all so the worst was just her trying to get out of the tub. The other 2 would have tried to bite and scratch the heck out of me.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go get some Nexxus Simply Silver shampoo - its a whitening shampoo (its purple) but you should rewash her in this shampoo - should take the rest of the pink out of the coat

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

LOL I just saw this and thought of your post this morning!
OMG I really laughed out loud at that!

If it helps...well...when I first got Luna I had to touch up my roots as I was dying my hair red back then (and I have ash hair, so the roots look gray when they show back then).

Anyway, the lovey girl Luna decided she NEEDED love while I was dying my hair. Long story short, I accidentally dropped some hair dye on Luna so she had red fur for a month.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Go get some Nexxus Simply Silver shampoo - its a whitening shampoo (its purple) but you should rewash her in this shampoo - should take the rest of the pink out of the coat
It works! (btw, i think you were the one who gave me that suggestion for Lex a long while back! i've been using the Nexxus simply silver ever since on all my white furbabies/fosters- that stuff is GREAT!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

LOL I just saw this and thought of your post this morning!
Oh my goodness! I sooo want to frame that and put it on my fridge!

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank goodness she wasnt quite that bad. Most of it is out now. I had some of that shampoo so gave it a try. It worked pretty good. She still has a little pink on her face but not too bad.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Starry - that was recommended to me by another cornie rex breeder who is a hairdresser
They use it on their rexes. Its wonderful

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by april31

Thank goodness she wasnt quite that bad. Most of it is out now. I had some of that shampoo so gave it a try. It worked pretty good. She still has a little pink on her face but not too bad.
Try mixing a little baking soda with warm water and make a paste out of it- then take a little on some gauze and put it (avoiding the eyes) on your kitties face and let it sit for a few minutes- then gently rise it off with some wet gauze. That should help!

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Starry - that was recommended to me by another cornie rex breeder who is a hairdresser
They use it on their rexes. Its wonderful
It works SOOOOOOOO well!!! That's all i use now (Aside from baking soda or dawn) on my white furbabies and even my blonde Carolina dog (it really brings out the shine in his fur!)