GRRRR! Poor Trout!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My landlord had asked to have an electrician come in this morning at 9:30am..I said no problem.

I get home just now, and I hear "meow meeeeeeeeow"..

Trout is locked in the laundry room with no food, litterbox..nothing! She was locked in that stinky dangerous room for 10 HOURS!!!!

I am soooooooo mad! What kind of person doesn't notice a cat sneak into a room...and then closes the DOOR!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR, poor Trouty!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!
Poor Trout. He may not have seen her sneak in. Sometimes when I have a closet open, they are so quiet, I don't even hear them. She may not have started to meow until later. Whatever the reasons, I hope Trout is ok!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Errr, me? i got up and her mew mewww coming from behind the hallway closest door.
heyu must have been in there for the 6 hours i was sleeping

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

Errr, me? i got up and her mew mewww coming from behind the hallway closest door.

That's me too. The other day I locked Whitey in the laundry room for 2-3 hours (until B woke up and heard him). I even CHECKED before I shut the door. He must have gone behind the appliances.

Give Trouty poos extra cat nip and love to help her get over the horror

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grrrr! Didn't this happen before? I bet Trout is getting spoiled tonight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Grrrr! Didn't this happen before? I bet Trout is getting spoiled tonight.
No, she hasn't been locked in before...but my last landlord left the door to the laundry room open
Its all basementy and dangerous back there, I had knowing Trout was there for so long..who knows what she got into.

lizsto1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww the poor baby...

When we had our central air put in....our cat climbed up the ladder into the attick with the guy. Thankfully he had seen him up there or else it would have been a disaster

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

Yeah....that's me too.....

Poor Trouty though!!!! I bet Trout was happy to see you!!!!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boyfriends RB cat, Cato would always come to greet me when I came over. One time I came over there and We were going to some friends and planning to stay overnight, and be back in the morning. I said, where's Cato? He said, I dunno, maybe in the basement,,, etc. But something didn't seem right. I went all over the house looking for the cat, calling him. No Cato.

I went back to Doug and said I can't find the cat anywhere. Now HE's worried so, we turned the house upside down .. .lo and behold... the cat had gone into the clothes closet in the bedroom, and Doug had closed the door. If I hadn't been so persistent, he would have been stuck in there overnight!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww poor Trout!
I'm sure it was an honest accident though hon
If it makes you feel any better- i accidently shut Velvet in my closet the other day (i felt AWEFUL about it!) She is really bad about sneaking in and out of closets/etc without being noticed- i normally check behind me before closing the door, and when i did a quick look, i didn't see her ( i think she must have been hiding behind the laundry hamper. Fortunately though- Colin found her not too much later and let her out (then told me how mean i was for locking his buddy in the closet
) She was only in there for a really short amount of time- but i felt horrible for it!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw poor Trout! I hope she didn't get into anything much in there!

Noodles keeps getting locked in the study. So far all she's done is pull my stuffed animals onto the floor and rearrange papers and things like that.
But I'm keeping ribbon and other stuff out of here since that's her other big thing to get into!

sham

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your actually lucky it only turned out that bad. I always shut the pets away in a room that noone should have reason to enter if I'm not going to be home when someone is coming because of how many pets have been lost or injured during events like that. Once we had some guys come out to rewire the phone lines while we weren't home. First they propped the door open to carry stuff in and out which let the cat outside. This was an extremely friendly cat that liked to ride in vehicles and wasn't afraid of cars. If let outside he would run in front of our truck and purposely sit directly in the path of the tire so that we'd stop and let him get in. Well he must have tried it with the workers as they were leaving and they didn't stop.
We found him with his back leg crushed and blood coming out of his mouth. He was PTS a day later.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww poor baby
I accidently closed Rosie in my wardrobe for 2 hours, but she slipped in when i was busy closing the door. Luckily it was on a weekend and i started wondering where she was

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Is she OK Nat ? poor little girl, I would be mad to..
Oh yeah, she was fine..she just came out meowing up a storm..and ate right away..and then proceeded to the LB

She was in there for 10 hours! I almost can't beleive that!