Nooooo!!!

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Coconut and Cumulous are pee'ing on the carpet downstairs in the room across where we have Cynder in the spare bedroom.

We let her come out into this room and play with us, while the babies are up stairs with the run of the house.
It is our rec room. We live and play there.

They babies have had access to this room too before Cynder came.

We let them come down and play with us while she is in her room with the door closed. We were hoping this would help introduce everyones smells without being directly in the same room and they could smell each other under the door.

The have a litter box in the bathroom down here too and know where it is and have used it previously before Cynder came.

What do I do now?

Keep the babies back upstairs?

They are too young to get neutered yet..right?....they will only be 3 months on the 21st of this month.
\t

I can get my carpet professionally cleaned. Should I do this now or when.

PLeeeaaaase help I need to do what I can to make this work....

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do they still use their litterbox?

Are you sure they are not spraying?

I would clean the carpet as best you can and have a proffessional clean when they are neutered. Use Bicarbonate of soda on the carpet and vacuum it up. It's a really good diodoriser. You should maybe do it when Cynders has been in there too, that way, they may not smell her when it is their time to play.

I believe the most common age for neutering in the US is 4-5months. But don't hold me to it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sadieandziggy

Do they still use their litterbox?

Yes.. they use their boxes up stairs and we have never had a pee accident until today.
Never missed a beat with the box downstairs either.

Are you sure they are not spraying?
NO- I am not.... I saw Coconut after he was done scratching the rug and sure enough there was pee..I do not know if they have different body posture when spraying?
Cumulous pee'd on our bean bag. Cynder has never even touched that as far as I know.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can find a vet that will do it, you can have them neutered now. But there are a lot of vets that insist on waiting until 5-6 months.

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe that when they are spraying against something, they lift their leg, (like a male dog) I don't know how their posture is when it is directly below on a flat surface. I've only see a cat spray once and they cocked their leg on a car tyre.

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No I do not think he was spraying ..I just read the article here in cat behavior and he pee'd on the floor..from reading spraying is a different thing than pee'ing...
he was crouched down and not raising his tail to spray on the wall....

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I believe that when they are spraying against something, they lift their leg, (like a male dog) I don't know how their posture is when it is directly below on a flat surface. I've only see a cat spray once and they cocked their leg on a car tyre.
Every cat I've ever seen spray (which has only been a handful), have been standing next to the "target" and their tail shook a little, and when they walked away there was a wet mark.

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yeah see.... he did not walk away, he pee'd then tried to cover it up...
Cumulous pee'd in the bean bag he was sleeping on

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes they do walk away after.....

Maybe its a kitten way of marking their territory? And they do it know-where else in the house??

I don't know what to suggest except clean the areas they have peed and hope they don't do it again. And try with the Bicarb when you've cleaned it too.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a repost, but is applicable here:

Feliway, Feliway, Feliway.

Can't stress it enough. It REALLY helps to destress the cats and prevents spraying. (And inappropriate urination.)

I have a diffuser going in 4 of 5 rooms and just did a successful 24-hour intro/integration, adding a 4th cat to the house.

Lots of folks can tell you how to best clean up the spots that have already been marked, and to remove the smells, but you need to get the cats calmed down - that really is key.

Note: In your case, you may also want to do a vet check for UTIs, as stress can cause them, which in turn, can cause inapropriate peeing.

Also, you may want to try adding an additional litter box in that room. Good luck!

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

This is a repost, but is applicable here:

Feliway, Feliway, Feliway.

Can't stress it enough. It REALLY helps to destress the cats and prevents spraying. (And inappropriate urination.)

I have a diffuser going in 4 of 5 rooms and just did a successful 24-hour intro/integration, adding a 4th cat to the house.
!
OK I got two of them; one for downstairs where Cynder's room is and one for upstairs where the babies are the most...
It says on the box it takes 4 week for this to really take effect...

Is this really the case?

Pumpkin went right to it after I plugged it in and was rubbing it..so I am hoping the 4 week thing is wrong???

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You need to clear out your PM box.

The Feliway took effect for me within an hour.

I suggest checking your two gorgeous white babies for UTIs.

Nature's Miracle worked for me to get rid of urine stains. You might want to get a blacklight & go over your carpet to make sure you get rid of all the pee in it.

I'm not sure if you would die or not, but can you give all 4 kitties baths in the same shampoo?

I suggest Feliway spray as well to spray directly on where they peed.

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

You need to clear out your PM box.

The Feliway took effect for me within an hour.

I suggest checking your two gorgeous white babies for UTIs.

Nature's Miracle worked for me to get rid of urine stains. You might want to get a blacklight & go over your carpet to make sure you get rid of all the pee in it.

I'm not sure if you would die or not, but can you give all 4 kitties baths in the same shampoo?

I suggest Feliway spray as well to spray directly on where they peed.
PM box cleared

Oh good..I hope the Feliway works quickly here..as a matter a fact I was just going to try to intro one of them to her...

Yes I have Natures Miracle

Black light -check...

LOL...I think I may be alright
the boys love the water even more so when my kiddos take a bath they sit on the edge of the tub and put their paws in...
and Pumpkin is sooo easy going..

SO washing them in the same shampoo...to get them all to have the same scent is what we are trying for here?

I just washed Cynder Saturday so I could wash the babies in her shampoo...

The babies are due to the vet Monday so we can rule out a UTI if we need too..but they have had no accidents upstairs at all..

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The bath would be the same scent idea, yep.
It works well for me, better than the vanilla, for when Ophelia goes even more whacko than normal.

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

The bath would be the same scent idea, yep.
It works well for me, better than the vanilla, for when Ophelia goes even more whacko than normal.
Got it
thanks Natalie..keep your fingers crossed for us...