School shooting here in Finland

maija

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is awful.
Seven children and one teacher (the school's headmaster) are killed in shooting today. The young man (18 years old) did shoot them. He also shot himself and he is now in hospital.

I have always thought that this kind of things happens only in USA or somewhere else. Not here in Finland.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It can, and does, happen anywhere. What a tragedy! He apparently announced his intentions in a video posted on YouTube.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! Can't believe someone would kill innocent people like that...
Wish you could help those messed up kids so they don't feel the need
to do horrible things of that nature.
Those kids had such bright futures too...

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
According to what a couple of my friends just said (Swedish and Finnish friend discussing it), the kid is dead now. Sad end to it all.
Maybe if more people would try to help each other, surely people can tell when one of their friends may be depressed, there wouldn't be so many tragic endings. Not just referring to shootings, but to suicides too.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard about this too. It's a shame things like this are still happening, but I am not surprised. BTW its true; the perp died in hospital today.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is soo sad
My heart and prayers go out to the families and friends of everyone involved

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

I heard about this too. It's a shame things like this are still happening, but I am not surprised. BTW its true; the perp died in hospital today.
The article in that link says he admired Hitler.
What in the world is wrong with parents that don't realize their kids have such serious problems?????

My smypathy goes to the families of those killed in this horrible tragedy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maija

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Today in the whole country were flags halfway up the flagpole for a sing of sorrow. In schools and in many offices were the moment of silence for the tragedy and at 6 pm people all over the country did light up candles.