Does This Make Any Sense To You??

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My s/o, who's always complaining about freezing his butt off at night and who piles extra blankets on top of the bed to keep warm, is the same person who....

will put the fan in front of the window running full blast to suck in the colder night air!

Now I ask you, does that make any sense??

~KK~

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the summer I sleep with 3-4 blankets and the air conditioner on.
We usually have a fan on in the bedroom too. Mostly DH doing...and thankfully he just turned it off.
There's the problem though, if I get too hot while sleeping, I get a headache. But cold air blowing against any joint on my body = pain.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I HAVE to sleep with a fan on, at least the ceiling fan, or else I feel like I'm suffocating. Putting a fan by the open window is a little extreme, but when I was growing up I used to open my bedroom window in the dead of winter because my bed was 2 feet away from the radiator and it was easier to do that rather than move my furniture around. Personally, I love the feeling of sleeping in a cold room and being toasty warm under lots of blankets...until morning when I have to get up...then it bites!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Y'know, it makes perfect sense to me!
During the two weeks out of the year when the temperature in Texas is actually cold, I love the feeling of snuggling down under a nice warm blanket in a chilly room... there's something about it that feels so cozy...

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Y'know, it makes perfect sense to me!
During the two weeks out of the year when the temperature in Texas is actually cold, I love the feeling of snuggling down under a nice warm blanket in a chilly room... there's something about it that feels so cozy...
Same here!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness! That sounds like my SO!!!! I will turn the heat down because I have a sweat shirt on and the house is an ok temp and my SO will say "oh my gosh it's so cold!!!!" While he's sitting there with jeans and NO t-shirt....what a freak!!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It makes sense to me

I have my windows open all year long even in the dead of winter (and our winters get mega cold!!!) The only time I close them is if there is rain or snow being driven against the windows.

I have a waterbed and I like to feel toasty warm (not sweaty) when falling asleep, but sometimes I get too warm in the night and I kick off the covers and like it when the room is cooler. It's easier to put covers on and warm up than it is to cool off if you are overly warm. So keeping the room cooler at night works well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I certainly agree w/ wanting to stay cool while you're trying to sleep at night: I'm the same way myself, and can't sleep if I'm too hot, either.
And I also keep the window open at night, too, b/c I can't stand a stuffy room. But I still don't understand keeping the room so cold that you're freezing, and having to pile all those extra blankets on the bed in order to stay warm! It just doesn't make any sense!

Originally Posted by Frisk

The things men do never make sense.
Yeah, ain't it the truth!
But us women do things that the men can't understand, either, so I guess it all balances out!

~KK~