Hello from a forum newbie but long time cat lover!!

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi to everyone,
I am new to this forum but I cannot remember a time in my life where I didn't have a cat. The only time was college and then I had a wonderful cat waiting on me at my parent's house. I currently have two females and I am campaigning for a third cat to be added to the mix. I just reached a compromise with my sweet, wonderful husband, Paul. I work from home and He is a Preacher who is starting a new church so he is home a lot right now too. We are really enjoying the time that we have together right now! I want another cat because we have missed out on the kitten stage with our last two cats. We have taken in cats from friends or family that could not keep them anymore. Our first cat together is Trinity, she is a small boned black cat. She is very skittish and only warms up to a few people-mostly women for some reason. She is full of personality though and really sweet once she allows you to pet her. She was also a wedding present from my husband. Then we took in Seraph who I think was part dog!
I had never met a more non-graceful cat (not kitten-cat). But unfortunately Seraph slipped outside one day and didn't come back home to us--I think that she just wanted to return to her wild ways. After we knew that Seraph wasn't coming back my husband's parents gave us Pooka-Mari, who if I believed in reincarnation I would swear was Seraph! She looks just like and even acts like her most of the time-though she is even more clumsy if you can believe it! I have the best time watching Pooka roll herself off of my foot rest.
I want a new kitten for two reasons: I think that a young kitten would be good for pooka (who is three years younger than Trinity) so that she would have someone to play with and stop pestering Trinity so much and because it has been four years since we have had a kitten in the house ( so I am being a little selfish and just want a another "baby" to love). We also have two dogs as well one a 5 year old mutt who is the sweetest dog alive and a very opinionated 4 year old Dachshund. Trinity is Four and Pooka-Mari is One and a Half. Well I think that is about everything. (oh yeah pooka is a ginger and black tabby)

With love to everyone!
Michelle

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & welcome to the forum. That's quite an introduction. I agree kittens are gorgeous albeit very cheeky, naughty & very active. My cat Blossom is 14 m/o on the 8th & we've had her since she was 3 weeks old. Are you after another rescue or a kitten from a breeder? Good luck in your search.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!
!........

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & Welcome to the Cat Site!

All your kitties sound like cute little rascals!
Can't wait to hear more about them & see photos of your fuzzies!

Best Wishes to all of you! Have fun posting on the forums

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kalikat

Hello & welcome to the forum. That's quite an introduction. I agree kittens are gorgeous albeit very cheeky, naughty & very active. My cat Blossom is 14 m/o on the 8th & we've had her since she was 3 weeks old. Are you after another rescue or a kitten from a breeder? Good luck in your search.
definitely a rescue. I have seen several sob stories on the internet lately and I just want to rescue them all!! I am such a sucker for a sob story! My little sister is volunteering at a shelter near her college and I think that we will get one from there, if I can convince my husband!!
He keeps me from adopting more then I can handle. I would probably have like 20 or more cats if he didn't stop me.
I just can't say no to a sob story! And I would take in more than I could afford if I didn't have him. One day I would like to get set up as a foster mommy for little orphan kitties--like bottle feed them and everything! Well, maybe one day!!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!! I feel so loved!!

Michelle, Trinity, and Pooka-Mari

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to you and your kitties!!! I just know you will love thecatsite. Especially if you get a kitten! They are such little devils! I hope you have fun on our forum and I can't wait to hear about the new kitty you get!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Michelle , welcome to TCS!
So glad you've joined us!
We are a wonderful community of cat lovers.
I truly hope you enjoy your time here with us!

As you learn your way around our site,
if you have questions, I would be happy to help you.
Feel free to contact me by clicking on my user name,
then send me a Private Message.
I will get back to you asap.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

badninjakitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
(sorry for bad typing in this post. I am holding my sleeping niece!
)

i just wanted to say thank you! to everyone on here!! you have all been so welcoming and sweet to me!! Thank you all for being so wonderful!!!

Michelle, trinity, and pooka

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!
We are so glad you have joined us!

If I can help you with any questions you have about the site, please click on my username and send me a message.