difference between male and females,and there cats.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i was thinking over a comment a friend made about my cats.
Which was i dont have cats, i have 2 small furry dogs.

when i asked why. she said, cats are not suppoed to come when called, not suppoed to listen when you say no, not supposed to follow you from room to room. She has 2 cats also. WE have had serveral talks over how trian cat not to claw up stuff. Sure i had trouble with eazy the first few months but he learned what he can claw on and what he can not, 95% he uses the stuff he is allowed to.

This topic has been spoken about a couple of time.
DO you think cats act different when men are the owners vs cats that women are the owners?

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No, I don't, though ours react differently to DH than they do to me. I have two small dogs that pur myself. I also have one big dog who barks
My cats are generally obedient and do follow me around. Reagan isn't leaving me alone the last day or so, but she needs comfort from the fight last night. I just found the mark on Whisper, too

I don't think it comes down to gender, I think it's all about personality

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aside from both of them knowing that DH is a push over and will feed them when they won't leave him alone. No, not really.
They come when he calls them (likely expecting food...), snuggle and lay on him, he helped with teaching them not to claw stuff, and he tells them no all the time. Tomas give hims just as much lip as he gives me, too... never heard a cat who argues so much.

There is one other difference. I won't let Sho stand or lay on my keyboard, DH works around him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehe, my RB kitty used to agure with me, She would get up and put her paws up on something, and when told to get down,
meow
get down
meow
i would get up, she would take off flying. followed soon after by being attacked how she would try to eat my ears, ehhee. for her it was how you start play.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

hehe, my RB kitty used to argue with me, She would get up and put her paws up on something, and when told to get down,
meow
get down
meow
Conversation continues:
get down
meow
because I said so
meow
Now, get down
Mewwww

That's Lucy to a T.

They follow DH around because he feeds them. They tend to obey me more to get off the table or to stop something because they know I will get up and move them.

koodeez

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I like the phrase, "You own the dog but the cat owns you..."

This is somewhat true and that is why I like cats. Dogs just give you love while you must earn a cat's. You can beat a dog over and over (not saying I would) and the dog will still come to you but a cat... they'll pee on your clothes and throw up in your shoes.

Cats have much more of a challenging personality than a dog. That is what I love most about them. Gaining love and respect from a cat is extremely rewarding!!!

Guess I'm off topic..... Me, as man.... say there is no difference except for whomever feeds them most and scoops the poop.

Since I do it ALL the time.... If I let it get too bad... it's always my clothes our old cat (the only female) pees on... Go figure!

They do recognize, quite well, who takes care of them.

***I know it was an accident... can a moderator PLEASE fix "there" to "their" in the title of this thread... it's killing me!!!! (OCD!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by koodeez

***I know it was an accident... can a moderator PLEASE fix "there" to "their" in the title of this thread... it's killing me!!!! (OCD!)
No