I have an idea and need input

conbrio

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey all,

As I was going to sleep last night I had an idea. I have a small stuffed animal cat that is my little girls. What I was thinking of is having a group of people who sign up and want to do it and send the cat across the country from person to person. Each person who gets the cat must take a picture of the cat at some sort of landmark in your home town or location. You can also take a picture of the cat with your critters as well or even yourself if you wish. Then you post the picture back here so everyone can keep track of the progress. The cat must pass to the next person within 7 days of receipt.

Also another idea to go along with this was each person will add something personal, like a post card or something that is from your area. Nothing expensive, say less than 5 bucks. The person who receives the cat and possible item keeps the item and then will put their own item in the box for the next person.

Another part of the idea was who ever wanted to take part would email/pm a central person, and that person would make a list. Now not everyone would know who was getting the cat next. Only the central person. Once someone posted new info where the cat was at that time the central person would email/pm them with the next persons info. that way there is a bit of surprise on who would be next and where the cat would turn up. If the cat disappeared then the central person would then let the community know who had the cat and hopefully they would then have enough pressure to then pass along the cat.

Currently I am thinking of keeping it limited to US resident only as I am not too sure how this will work out. Assuming all goes well and everyone has fun, and I get the cat back then we could do a world wide ship the cat.

Cliff notes
Have a pass the cat through the mail
Limited possible to US only.
take picture with the cat at a landmark.
take with pets or yourself if desired.
Possible keep list a secret to keep mystery in the event.
Possible put inexpensive gift in box for next person on the list that they may keep and they then put in a gift.
Report back here with pictures

Please add questions or comments. or even refine these ideas. I have heard of something like this I just dont know if it worked out or not, but would like to give it a try

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

conbrio

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
wanted to add - after input is added there will be a sign up period. So even if you post here and want to be included, posting here does not automatically enroll you.

Again there will be a sign up period after input is gotten.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We did this years and years ago with a book for Anne (the webmaster). It took over two years for the book to arrive maybe it was even longer, I can't remember even though I was the one who initiated the whole idea. It sounds good in theory, but it just doesn't work. The members who participated, signed the book and tucked in a photo of their cat(s).

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

We did this years and years ago with a book for Anne (the webmaster). It took over two years for the book to arrive maybe it was even longer, I can't remember even though I was the one who initiated the whole idea. It sounds good in theory, but it just doesn't work. The members who participated, signed the book and tucked in a photo of their cat(s).
Well, if you think about how many members are on TSC, I can understand why it took so long to actually get the book back. But, if this is something where people took pictures of the kitty and shared with everyone on the site, I think it would be fun!