Kitty fell in toilet ... TWICE !

meow me

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Born in Sao Paulo, Brazil, living in Miami, FL for
I had to share and hear your stories!
I know it might even have been a dangerous situation, but I keep an eye on my 11 week olds at all times, so when one of them fell in the toilet I was right beside her. The poor thing ! Soaking wet from waist down, and hating it sooo much ! Well, I guessed it was a lesson learned. WRONG GUESS ! Kitty fell again, a few days later ! I try to keep all lids down, but I have guests and kids at home all the time, sometimes it just happens.
I bet there are more stories like this one out there !

sham

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Silly kitten keeps following me into the bathroom. For the past 4 or so weeks I've managed to catch her on her way into the toilet. Pretty much at least once daily and occasionally while in midair or hanging 2 paws off the edge. Yesterday I wasn't fast enough and I happened to leave the toilet lid up for once. She came flying across the bathroom right after I opened the door from taking a shower, leapt into the air, and came straight down in the middle of the toilet. After some scrambling and splashing she fell out and landed as a sopping wet mess on the floor. I'm waiting to see if she learned her lesson but it took 3 times of landing in the large water bowl in the diningroom before she remembered to check it for water so I'm not holding my breath.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One Christmas Eve, our cat Guinevere not only fell into the mop bucket but also the toilet.

She liked to be in the bathroom when you were in there and would come running into the bathroom, across the toilet and onto the edge of the tub. This day I got the toilet seat up a millisecond before she got there and she landed in it.

Very clean cat that day...

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hahahaha
that made my morning and reminded me of the funniest thing I have ever seen. I used to live with a family that had adult siamese (where I found my love for them) one would ONLY drink out of the fishtank, and I"m talking FISHTANK, like 50 gallons, so he would sit on top and drink out of the little hole by the filter.

In anycase one day his owner was cleaning the fishtank and the lid was off. Well Kitty didn't look before he jumped and he literally lept from the couch straight inside the fishtank, completely submerged looking out the glass at us. We immediately rescued him and craddled him in a towel and pretended we didn't see so he wouldn't be embarrassed, that is of course after recovering from the laughter on the floor.........

Poor dignified little siamese

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scooter or Pepper are neither one the brightest little things, and both of them have stuck their heads mid steam while my SO was having his morning "business." At least Pepper has only done it once. Such fun having to clean pee-headed squalling, angry cats first thing in the morning.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krazy Kat - that is the funniest thing I have ever heard!!!

So the cats were p*ssed off, huh??

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The only water adventure among my various cats was my RB lady Shasta, when she was a kitten. She may have been all of three months old, and had to investigate when I was taking a bubble bath. The bubbles were very intriguing to this little thing perched on the edge of the tub, and alas, as she was batting at them ever more enthusiastically, she lost her footing and fell right in. Immediately came sluttering up the other side, which to her dismay was a tiled wall, that allowed no purchase whatsoever and of course she fell right back in. Needless to say, amid my gales of laughter, I forsook the warmth of my bath and got out to dry her off. She did learn that walking along the tub when there's froth in there is not wise.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwwww!!!!!
I've always been paranoid my Sophie would fall into the toilet, as she seems to have an affinity for the bathroom, we have to keep an eye on her all the time, as she is pretty accident prone...

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up in the middle of the night to a big wet plop and a bit of splashing. Turns out Tiger had fallen butt first into the toilet, got out half wet and went back to play with the water some more!
There was no crawling into my bed that night with that soaking wet rear-end!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

Scooter or Pepper are neither one the brightest little things, and both of them have stuck their heads mid steam while my SO was having his morning "business." At least Pepper has only done it once. Such fun having to clean pee-headed squalling, angry cats first thing in the morning.

Kitters has never fallen into the toilet but she sure has gotten interested in the water in the tub. Everytime I go to take a bath now, she climbs in the tub, makes me climb in the front, close the plug, turn on the water and let the tub start filling. She sits there till she has scootched all the way to the end and the water just hits her paws, then she jumps out and lets me take my bath! What a goofball!

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
These are great!!!!

So little kitty loves to play in the bath tub with the shower curtian. Well one day the drain decided to get clogged and ther was water half up my calfs after my shower. Well, she neglected to look before she lept, and lowe and behold, I heard a splash, and then saw a little white drowned rat run across the living room. It was HILARIOUS! Now she insists on playing in the dripping faucet in the bathroom. She tries to catch, and or bite, the drops of water, and when she gets bored she jumps up in my lap with soaking wet paws. . .

Silly things. . .

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I can do you one better. When Corky was a kitten she was fascinated with the shower (well, still is). Any time she heard the shower running she would jump onto the toilet seat and hop onto the tub/shower and stick her head around to see what you are doing. Well...one morning, DH gets up and she hears water running (you see where this is going, right?) She jumps up on what she thought was a closed toilet lid, but it wasn't. She ended up completely in the toilet, soaking wet, and playing with the "stream" that was coming down! DH was laughing so hard he couldn't stop!

I was woken up at 6:30am (an hour before I had to get up) with a yell...."Honey, you have to help me bath a cat!!"

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I can do you one better. When Corky was a kitten she was fascinated with the shower (well, still is). Any time she heard the shower running she would jump onto the toilet seat and hop onto the tub/shower and stick her head around to see what you are doing. Well...one morning, DH gets up and she hears water running (you see where this is going, right?) She jumps up on what she thought was a closed toilet lid, but it wasn't. She ended up completely in the toilet, soaking wet, and playing with the "stream" that was coming down! DH was laughing so hard he couldn't stop!

I was woken up at 6:30am (an hour before I had to get up) with a yell...."Honey, you have to help me bath a cat!!"
that's one wake up call you won't forget!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG

Trout always walks around the rim of the bathtub when I am in the bath..I am waiting for the day that she slips, falls in, and uses my naked body and a scratching post for leverage to get back out