any male cat lovers out there?

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
NOt that it matters but im just curious? This site seems to be 99 percent women! Do men not love cats anymore?

conbrio

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Typically loving cats is kinda frowned upon. At least in my neck of the woods.

I am not too sure if I am a cat lover just yet. I just got 2 11 month old cats 2 days ago. I am more of a cat enthusiast. Oh yeah I am a guy.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes this site does have a lot of women (I being one) but my DH loves cats too. He just does not have the time to chat on forums. I know that there are a lot of women here whose significant others love cats but just don't post here.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm here! I'm a guy.

I have three cats:
Shadow (13 years)
Everest (1+ years)
Charlotte (1+ years)
Midnight (12 years- my Rainbow Bridge baby)

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tee, Hee. I thought you meant do you love Male cats. I do, I have three. I love the females too though, they are not as gross as the males. same for humans.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hubby adores his little 'hairy children' as much as I do. I think most guys are cat fanciers at heart but just don't want to show it. Something about the male attitude?...

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jeremy (my fiance) is an animal lover, as is his mother and brother, but J is a dyed in the wool cat guy.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My BF is a cat lover he just doesnt post on here cos then he cant make fun of me for being a crazy cat lady
. He just doesnt want everyone to know he is in love with white fluffy Joey.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

I think most guys are cat fanciers at heart but just don't want to show it. Something about the male attitude?...
That reminds me of a T-shirt I have, which says, "Real men admit they love cats!"

My s/o told me he really wasn't much of a cat lover when we first met, but now he's almost as "addicted" to my furbabies as I am.
Although I think that he loved them more than he's willing to admit, b/c he always used to feed the strays that were roaming around in his neighborhood..

~KK~

katzyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mah Daddy loves cats. =) But he's not on the site. =( In fact, it's his fault that I love animals so much, and it's also his fault that we kept my foster kitten. =3

tigerlord

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

I'm here! I'm a guy.

I have three cats:
Shadow (13 years)
Everest (1+ years)
Charlotte (1+ years)
Midnight (12 years- my Rainbow Bridge baby)
Am I mentally challenged or does that make four cats?

Anyway I'm also a guy, and have three cats.

I'm not gay either if you wondered

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerLord

Am I mentally challenged or does that make four cats?

Anyway I'm also a guy, and have three cats.

I'm not gay either if you wondered
Nope, there are four that I listed but I currently only have three. Midnight passed away last June from CRF.

tigerlord

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Apologies, I understood what you meant with Rainbow Bridge too late... it's not an expression I immediately recognize since it's never used in French and I barely hear it in English to begin with.

Sincerest apologies about your baby...

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No apology necessary and thank you for the condolonces.

You live in Quebec? I've been to Montreal once- went to a tropical fish auction with a couple of friends. I don't know any French but I had a lot of fun for the few hours I was there.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by megagene

There are no males on this forum I'm afraid....Sadly male cat lovers are just a myth....
Yep very true there are no males here

mechanicalman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't think there is a wildly disproportionate number of men who like cats, I think there is just a disproportionate number of men who want to join a forum to talk about cats. Personally, I don't like dogs at all. I don't own one, and I wouldn't want to. But I like cats.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MechanicalMan

I don't think there is a wildly disproportionate number of men who like cats, I think there is just a disproportionate number of men who want to join a forum to talk about cats.
I think you've hit the nail on the head. My husband is a member of this forum but doesn't post that much. But it was his idea to get a cat in the first place (I had to be convinced) and he cuddles them, sings to them, and carries them around in his arms. When he's on the internet though, he'd rather talk about music or formula 1 and tends to gravitate more toward forums with those subjects!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the men in my family are cat lovers, but I can't imagine any of them would actually take the time to chat on a cat forum...