Question of the Day - November 6th

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
when you need work done on your car, do you take it to the dealer, a neighborhood mechanic, or a chain place (like Midas)?

I personally take it to whoever I can get it in at! due to my crazy schedule it usually ends up being a chain place, the dealer charges to much

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If it'll last the journey I take it to a mechanic near my parents who is very reasonable and trustworthy. My car at the moment is under warranty so if anything goes wrong it's straight back to the dealer!

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We take ours to the dealer because it is a lease and under warranty and everything is paid for! That has to be the single best thing about having a leased vehicle!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If its just an oil change- John does it at work for me

Otherwise, anything big I take to the Pontiac Dealer, since I have a Pontiac.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I take my car to my boyfriend! he can do pretty much anything and does it for for a very reasonable price of some extra kisses!
If it is anything really bad I will take it to a mechanic in our town, but now that Gary has learned so much more about cars, it doesnt go there at all any more besides to get the computer code read.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No need to take our cars anywhere, John can fix anything that's wrong. We've got a backyard full of project cars!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I take it to a chain.
Used to be Goodyear, but our local one changed hands and they suck now.
Now it goes to Les Schwab, they're pretty cheap, very good, and very fast (except in tire sales season).

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I take it to the neighborhood guy - who is compentent and honest.
He's open only when I work, but it is worth the effort to get my work done with him. (I'll take off work or have my parents drive me to work and pick me up while I am carless).

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a local mechanic that does an amazing job at a very reasonable price- so i usually take it to him
If it's something he can't do though- i take it to the dealership

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am lucky enough to have my own mechanic who charges me a fraction of the price of a chain.

I wouldn't be caught dead in a chain auto repair shop..what a RIPOFF!!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We bought a brand new Toyota last year, and take that to the dealership for work.

But the other cars, we will take to the local mechanic in town. We really miss DH's brother when it comes to fixing cars. It was his passion and we saved a lot with him working on our cars. He could fix just about anything. We'd buy the parts needed, he'd fix them, and we'd give him a little "extra" bonus money

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I so wish I had someone in the family who was a mechanic!!