TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Do you think this is for real?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do you think this is for real? - Page 2

post #31 of 47
And not that Bank of America doesn't deserve some picking on anyway, but plenty of other banks also issue credit cards to illegal aliens; they just haven't gotten the bad press.
post #32 of 47
Wow... such a lack of compassion for those who are suffering. I am kind of surprised, though I probably shouldn't be. I can understand where some people come from when they talk about the necessity for immigration reform, but I can never NEVER understand the vitriol and utter lack of sympathy reserved for the poverty-stricken immigrants who are looking for a better life.

People want change in immigration control, fine. But why the hateful tone towards illegal immigrants?

The majority of illegal immigrants DO pay taxes and DO give back to the society, and a source for this information is actually in the above anti-immigration email. A lot of them are doing backbreaking labor for little pay. But they are STILL better off than they were in their old country(s). Could anyone here look a suffering person in the eye and tell them to wait 8-10 years for POSSIBLE approval so they can be legal? It's harder than people make it sound.

I guess all I am saying is, if you think we need to build a 100-foot steel wall around america complete with guards at every post, and keep immigrants out no matter what, more power to you! But can we lay off the anti-mexican, quasi-racist tone? It is more than a little disturbing.
post #33 of 47
Thread Starter 
I haven't seen any vitriol. We just don't want open borders. I don't like the drugs and the criminal element and I don't care what nationality they are if they are breaking the law.
It is not the governments responsibility to support every human on the planet.


http://washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs...111050098/1001

According to this poll, 77% of the people are opposed to illegals getting driver's licenses.

Most Americans, across the board, want this dealt with.
post #34 of 47
Well, for starters, the whole thread is based on a one-sided email, whose own sources disprove its claims, spouting falsehoods bent on creating prejudice. You know, the usual: "immigrants are taking our money/raping our children/stealing our stuff/bein' BAAAD!" That is hateful, and yes, vitriolic.
post #35 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
...But can we lay off the anti-mexican, quasi-racist tone? It is more than a little disturbing.
Well, I don't know where you're getting that. I just finished rereading the whole thread and I didn't see any of that. So I guess my response is, can we lay off the undeserved tar and feathers? If you want to apply that to the email in the OP, that's OK, after all she's asking for comment about that, but don't splatter the rest of us with it, too. There wasn't any vitriol in this thread until your post.
post #36 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
Well, for starters, the whole thread is based on a one-sided email, whose own sources disprove its claims, spouting falsehoods bent on creating prejudice. You know, the usual: "immigrants are taking our money/raping our children/stealing our stuff/bein' BAAAD!" That is hateful, and yes, vitriolic.
hmm, no one said anything aganist immigrants.
unless you want to add term illegal first.
post #37 of 47
If the procedures and limits for legal immigration is too restrictive, then people who feel that way need to work toward changing it. Closing your eyes to illegals pouring into our country is not the answer. If something is broken you don't ignore it. You fix it, and you fix the right way, the legal way. People who come here illegally are thumbing their noses at everyone who IS doing it the right way. To give them any sort of amnesty while the ones who are trying to do it the legal way are still waiting would be wrong. They can go back home and get in line, behind the ones already there.
post #38 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telynn View Post
If the procedures and limits for legal immigration is too restrictive, then people who feel that way need to work toward changing it. Closing your eyes to illegals pouring into our country is not the answer. If something is broken you don't ignore it. You fix it, and you fix the right way, the legal way. People who come here illegally are thumbing their noses at everyone who IS doing it the right way. To give them any sort of amnesty while the ones who are trying to do it the legal way are still waiting would be wrong. They can go back home and get in line, behind the ones already there.
Would you still feel that way knowing that there are many Irish and UK illegal immigrants?

Many of the people responding to this post have sounded prejudiced because they sound like the people are just committing violent crimes and stealing from American taxpayers.

I feel there is a problem of American resources in the medical and educational areas being stretched thin, but I can't join in the protests that just seemed based on meaness.

Very few of our American problems are caused by illegal immigrants. We could free up a lot of federal budget by ending the war in Iraq, but most of the people that complain the loudest about illegal immigration are for the war.
post #39 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie=^..^= View Post
Would you still feel that way knowing that there are many Irish and UK illegal immigrants?
Very few of our American problems are caused by illegal immigrants. We could free up a lot of federal budget by ending the war in Iraq, but most of the people that complain the loudest about illegal immigration are for the war.
Yep, i would , the subject is illegal. what difference does it make where they are from?
and i wonder would you say that if your Social security number was stolen(as mine was a few weeks ago and was being used by a illegal) or if a member of your family was killed by a durnk illegal that had been kicked out several times before.

As a country you have the right and the need to protect and secure your borders, to control who come into your country. I really do not understand people who seem to think it is wrong to stop people from just walking in your country. If someone just walked into your house and sat down that is ok with you?

I have never been in another country where it was hey we dont care, just walk right accross.But we are supposed to be the bad guys, cause many people think we should do a better job of guarding the doors?

What does the war have to do with illegals? different issues.
post #40 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
you forgot this one

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53103

avg of 12 americans killed daily by illegals. I wonder how come they dont flash that every night on the news
Well, I've only skimmed through this thread - but this stood out. Seems like the reason it's not flashed every night on the news is because `no government agency in the U.S. – not the FBI nor Immigration and Customs Enforcement – tracks violent crimes by illegal aliens'. So I guess they wouldn't want to post a statistic that has no credible source and would merely fuel the hysteria of the illegal alien fearmongering campaign.
post #41 of 47
yes they do. they just dont want to tell you the facts.
and err, what fearmongering campaign? you just made that up lol.

As a matter of fact people, most people that are saying control it, are trying to stop just that.
before people really get upset, and it does become a issue. Like many thing people tend to over re-act
post #42 of 47
I have no doubt that it's an issue - of course it is. But I do think from what I've read and seen and heard that people are starting to attribute all kinds of things to illegal aliens and it's getting a bit hysterical.

I saw this joke on the political forum I'm on. Some guy posted that he was bummed because he'd lost his job that day. Someone responded, `Was it George Bush's fault?'. That cracked me up.

Seems like the same thing is happening with illegal aliens. Oh, it's cold today, must be the illegals' fault! You know what I mean...
post #43 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva! View Post
I saw this joke on the political forum I'm on. Some guy posted that he was bummed because he'd lost his job that day. Someone responded, `Was it George Bush's fault?'. That cracked me up.

Seems like the same thing is happening with illegal aliens. Oh, it's cold today, must be the illegals' fault! You know what I mean...

well this is GW fault. at least part of it.

yea i knwo that is the same thing i was talking about,
post #44 of 47
Quote:
Would you still feel that way knowing that there are many Irish and UK illegal immigrants?
Already know it. There are illegal immigrants from almost every country I would think. Makes no difference at all. In most of the threads I have seen about illegal immigrants on different boards, the ones that usually bring up race or ethnic background are the ones defending the illegals. Usually the ones that are against illegals being here only mention it in response to someone else.

Answer me this, if these people are here against the law, have to hide, risk being deported, can get stuck in a job where the boss takes advantage..... why is this a good situation that we want to continue? Or can we agree that there is a problem here, a problem that needs a good legal fix. Why spend time and energy trying to keep a broken status quo?
post #45 of 47
Stuff like that is the main reason i left Bank of America! Our local branch turned into a big part for illegals. i KNOW they were giving accounts to illegals because some of my old neighbors were illegal and did their banking there Proof enough for me reguardless of what anyone else says or any links. I WILL NOT support an instution that supports illegal immigrants.

I switched to a much better bank that is local- doesn't allow that kind of crap, and couldn't be happier!
post #46 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie=^..^= View Post
Would you still feel that way knowing that there are many Irish and UK illegal immigrants?

Many of the people responding to this post have sounded prejudiced because they sound like the people are just committing violent crimes and stealing from American taxpayers.

I feel there is a problem of American resources in the medical and educational areas being stretched thin, but I can't join in the protests that just seemed based on meaness.

Very few of our American problems are caused by illegal immigrants. We could free up a lot of federal budget by ending the war in Iraq, but most of the people that complain the loudest about illegal immigration are for the war.
Since when is it "prejudiced" to be against something that is ILLEGAL?
Every other country on this planet can protect their borders but we are NOT allowed to? That is just ridiculous to me.
post #47 of 47
I'm giving an outside perspective here given that I don't live in the States and never have.

Ireland is now a very prosperous country and huge numbers of immigrants, both legal and illegal, have entered the country over the past few years. However; as little as 20 years ago huge numbers of Irish people went to the States (again either legally or illegally; some continue to do so) as there was a recession therefore no work in this country. I'm not in agreement with doing something illegal; however think of people in a desperate situation. How would some of you guys feel if the shoe was on the other foot? What if the economy comes crashing around your ears and you have to head abroad to feed your families and save your home?

I would hazard a guess that the high crime rate among illegal aliens is something to do with the fact they are generally forced to live in ghettos; we all know this situation doesn't work!!

I'm aware that many American citizens also live in poor conditions but that is a matter for your government that you have the right to vote for to sort out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Do you think this is for real?