Daily Thread Tuesday Nov 6

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning folks!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think its Election Day for the Americanos? I see it on my calendar...there is a little cat holding American flags on the picture
So, if that be the case..."Happy Election Day!" ( Do people say that?
)

Its my early day today, so I am up early, and get to leave work at 3:30
I LOVE these days!!

I might make chili tonight
Chili is so good in the chilly weather

I hope you all have a lovely day!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Morning!
It's a sunny crisp day here, but we might get a bit rain later.

I'm going to have a chicken dinner with boiled potatoes, broccoli and carrots with thick gravy!!.

Jack loves chicken unlike the girls who turn their noses up at it, so i'll be giving my little boy some otherwise he'll be putting his paw in my food even though he'll have had his dinner!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Morning!
It's a sunny crisp day here, but we might get a bit rain later.

I'm going to have a chicken dinner with boiled potatoes, broccoli and carrots with thick gravy!!.

Jack loves chicken unlike the girls who turn their noses up at it, so i'll be giving my little boy some otherwise he'll be putting his paw in my food even though he'll have had his dinner!
Awwww Jack
That sounds so good Susan!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Good morning!

Nothing exciting today (yet again). Just work, then I come home and do some laundry.

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I might make chili tonight
Chili is so good in the chilly weather
Sounds good!

I'm hoping to make some black bean soup tonight, but I've left my dry black bean to soak overnight and they're still as hard as rock.

What's wrong with my black beans???

Ah well, at least I made a big pot of pea soup yesterday. That's yummy.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mmmm...chili sounds really good!

Nothing much going on here. The cats had us up at 5:30 this morning. Whitey decided to take it upon him self to chase and pounce after Patches and Luna. So hissing and growling and screaming was a wonderful way for me to wake up. He's been like that the last few days.
Don't know why.

OK gotta give Beauty her meds and eat. Then I'm off for work!!!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
G'morning

We stayed home late this morning before going to work, because we are supposed to be talking to a tree-clearing guy today. But of course, he's not answering his phones. Go figure. So today will be a later day at work for me, unless I just make up the time later this week. I WOULD like just another day off like yesterday

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Brrrr...look like winter's arrived! These are good days for getting out the slow cooker. That chili does sound good!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If dried beans are old they will not rehydrate properly. I grew black beans once and even though I saved them in ziploc bags they were very hard to hydrate.

The windy continues through this evening. The winds are sustained at about 29 MPH.
Temps going down throughout the day with flurries!!

Gonna run some errands in a bit I think I will avoid the highway as the truck will be bouncing around.

Meatloaf/mashed potatoes with tomato gravy and green beans for dinner tonite.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Morning folks!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think its Election Day for the Americanos? I see it on my calendar...there is a little cat holding American flags on the picture
)
It's exactly 1 year till elections today!!! There aren't any major elections going on today though, and I don't believe I've ever heard anyone say "happy election day"
I mostly just hear "DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!"
Because so many worthless people don't vote and still complain!

A city close by, where I go to school, is having a vote about bars being 21 only. 21 is our legal drinking age here and right now majority of the Iowa City bars are 19 and up, some are only 21. I think most people are going to vote 21 because it is a college town and they would rather these kids be drinking downtown rather than in the house next to them and their children. That's my opinion though.....

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone!

It's chilly here and even with a cup of coffee it's still not warm enough. Ok, I've had enough of winter can we go back to summer?

I just put away all my summer clothes and when I took out my winter clothes, I was stunned. I have NO winter clothes and TONS of summer ones. What is that about?

Luna is off to the vets today for shots. I feel so bad taking them to the vets anymore. They get so upset just leaving the house and they cry and cry. It's heart wrenching.

Other then that, just cleaning the house and relaxing. I'm finally getting over the bronchitis I've had since last month. What a pain. All different meds and none of them worked, then I got pluresy which made coughing even better.

Stay warm everyone and have a great day!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Its wednesday here, but I will go along with Tuesday.

Its going to be warm here
I can't wait for summer!

Got a class this morning, then I have a test at work for a promotion and then I will get massive hours this christmas

I will probably have a sandwich for dinner - I only get a 10 minute break.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

)
Tomorrow it's provincial elections in Saskatchewan. Thank the Lord! I'm going batty with all these election commercials on TV and all the childish banter between parties.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like this idea of saying what we are having for dinner in this thread..it will give me ideas for dinners now that I am going to try and cook more often

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today's my mommy's birthday!
She's really old now, I think 53!
She told me she felt lots old since she was a grammy as of yesterday!

Gonna have Jake's Pizza for supper, I think.