I can't remember what this movie is called!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was younger I remember seeing a horror-type movie at my Grandma's house. It was likely on A&E or Showcase. I think it was filmed in the 1960s or 1970s--somewhere around there. The only scene I can remember is one with a little girl sitting in a room (might have been a kitchen) at a little table colouring. She had some crayons in a coffee mug. I remember around this part a woman goes nuts and there's something about long hair in a sink. Random, I know.

I know this isn't Sybil because I own that movie. I hope someone can help me figure out what movie this is. I asked my mom about it and she said it could be Rosemary's Baby or Mommie Dearest. (I wouldn't know as I haven't seen either of those--minus the "NO MORE WIRE HANGERS! EVER!" part.)

Although the memories of it are vague, I'd still like to see it again. And I won't be surprised if nobody can help me with this movie title.
By the way, it might not have been a horror movie. Maybe drama or something... alls I know is that it freaked me out to the max!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, I don't know what movie you are talking about but I'd like to piggy back on this question:

I'm trying to find out the name of a movie, it was pretty freaky back in the 80s and I saw it on Disney.

It had a girl with dark hair and a white night dress and I also remember these kids going into a mausoleum and opening a stone casket and that answered a bunch of questions. I don't think it was Watcher in the Woods though.

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you can't find an answer here, take a look at the IMDB.com message boards. I've asked many a question looking for certain old movies that I couldn't find the name of elsewhere. In every case, someone always found out the title for me, no matter how vague I'd be (in one case "made some time in the 70s or early 80s, involved demonic children"). There's a search engine that's great for finding lost movies, but it's hard to find and I've only ever been able to use it when someone on the messageboards posted the link to it.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

When I was younger I remember seeing a horror-type movie at my Grandma's house. It was likely on A&E or Showcase. I think it was filmed in the 1960s or 1970s--somewhere around there. The only scene I can remember is one with a little girl sitting in a room (might have been a kitchen) at a little table colouring. She had some crayons in a coffee mug. I remember around this part a woman goes nuts and there's something about long hair in a sink. Random, I know.

I know this isn't Sybil because I own that movie. I hope someone can help me figure out what movie this is. I asked my mom about it and she said it could be Rosemary's Baby or Mommie Dearest. (I wouldn't know as I haven't seen either of those--minus the "NO MORE WIRE HANGERS! EVER!" part.)

Although the memories of it are vague, I'd still like to see it again. And I won't be surprised if nobody can help me with this movie title.
By the way, it might not have been a horror movie. Maybe drama or something... alls I know is that it freaked me out to the max!
Three Faces of Eve? http://imdb.com/title/tt0051077/

Was it in color?

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dang it!!!!! I know I've seen that movie too!!!! I remember the hair in the sink and thinking, first of all why is there hair in the kitchen sink and second, what on earth is her problem!!!

ethereal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If any of you need help finding old things, go to www.retrojunk.com/forums and post in the Memory Lane board. Theres thousands of people who can help you within a half hour to an hour. That site is great.

Oh, btw, I posted for you. I'll tell you if I get any responses.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Three Faces of Eve? http://imdb.com/title/tt0051077/

Was it in color?
Yes, it was in colour.

Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Dang it!!!!! I know I've seen that movie too!!!! I remember the hair in the sink and thinking, first of all why is there hair in the kitchen sink and second, what on earth is her problem!!!
REALLY? What else do you remember from it?

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Aussie_Dog

If you can't find an answer here, take a look at the IMDB.com message boards. I've asked many a question looking for certain old movies that I couldn't find the name of elsewhere. In every case, someone always found out the title for me, no matter how vague I'd be (in one case "made some time in the 70s or early 80s, involved demonic children"). There's a search engine that's great for finding lost movies, but it's hard to find and I've only ever been able to use it when someone on the messageboards posted the link to it.
I posted over on the Mommie Dearest forums, and they say that's not the movie I'm thinking of. I'm going to post over in the "general movies" board and see what answers come my way.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

Hey, I don't know what movie you are talking about but I'd like to piggy back on this question:

I'm trying to find out the name of a movie, it was pretty freaky back in the 80s and I saw it on Disney.

It had a girl with dark hair and a white night dress and I also remember these kids going into a mausoleum and opening a stone casket and that answered a bunch of questions. I don't think it was Watcher in the Woods though.
The only thing that comes to mind is "The Adventures of Mark Twain". It was made in '85 and was a bizarre show.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

Encyclopedia Brown? It was an HBO show though.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I found out what it's called! It could be "Mary Jane Harper Cried Last Night", a TV movie from 1977. Unfortunately it was never released on home video but I'm trying to get a copy of it taped off the TV.

ethereal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
On the RetroJunk forums they said they think that its Mommy Dearest.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mommy dearest - my movie???? that sound's familiar the encyclopedia brown one sounds familiar too

edit: i just looked those up and neither are it

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

The only thing that comes to mind is "The Adventures of Mark Twain". It was made in '85 and was a bizarre show.
this isn't it either

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

I think I found out what it's called! It could be "Mary Jane Harper Cried Last Night", a TV movie from 1977. Unfortunately it was never released on home video but I'm trying to get a copy of it taped off the TV.
I never got a hold of this movie, so I have no idea if my 'mystery movie' is "Mary Jane". I tried IMDB with no success. Any help is appreciated!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10

I can't help with what those movies could be, however neither of them sound like Rosemary's Baby at all to me... if that helps to at least remove an option lol
Yeah - after I wrote this thread (back in November) I went out and bought Rosemary's Baby. I believe the only child in the movie is spoken of, not seen.