Are There Any Grain Free Foods that.....

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are there any grain free foods that don't stink to high heaven? My cats want a grain free food that doesn't have rendered, rancid fat sprayed on it. Any suggestions?

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Innova EVO doesnt smell bad. My cats like it and have not had any tummy problems with it.

Wellness Core was terrible smelling
I actually took a step back after I opened the bag for the first time. I mixed only a small amount of it into my kitties food and when my husband walked into the room he commented on how terrible the kitchen smelled. The cats didn't really care for it and I certainly didn't want that smell in my house.

mezlo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I also feed Innova EVO and haven't been bothered by the smell. Junior doesn't eat very much of it but he does eat it (it's only the second kind of dry food I've found which Junior will eat).

Mez

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed a mix of Cal. Nat. and Evo dry and have no problems with the smell in the food bowl OR the litter box! I have not tried Orijen.

jenwales

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Evo has given Jack foul-smelling poop. It's better than it was at the beginning, but it's still noticable. I don't think the food itself smells bad.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't tried Evo, as it isn't available here. I find Raw Instincts a bit smelly, but haven't noticed any rancid odor with Serengeti or Orijen.

mechanicalman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jenwales

Evo has given Jack foul-smelling poop. It's better than it was at the beginning, but it's still noticable. I don't think the food itself smells bad.
I concur, except I haven't yet noticed an improvement with my cat.

I definitely won't be trying CORE. It's more expensive than other foods, and I've heard a lot of negative things about it.

kittylover77

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
EVO didn't smell horrid to me, it was strong, but I think the stronger it smells the more kitties want to eat it.
My cats LOVED the food. The bad, they got pudgy on it.

Serengetti smelled better than EVO, less strong, but my cats didn't like it as much at all. The smell was very herbal, not meat like.

Raw Instinct smelled pretty good, but was very crumbly. My cats don't eat crumbles, so I tossed lots of it away. Prissy girls.

They have yet to try Orijen, CORE or Pinnacle.

On EVO we had very stinky poos. I didn't feed the other 2 foods long enough to find out if poos would be tolerable.