Oh No, not the S word

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are supposed to get snow tommorrow.
I can't stand the cold or snow. I wish humans could just hibernate all winter.
When it gets cold I get so lazy. I never want to go anywhere and just want to sleep a lot. Does anybody here enjoy winter or do you hate it like me.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so screwed up here, I hate it when it's too cold, and I hate it when it's too hot.
Here I am, living in the high desert that's famous for it's snow

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of our friends that lives out by us, called John a bit ago & said that it was SNOWING there!

I am a snow freak - I love it!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

One of our friends that lives out by us, called John a bit ago & said that it was SNOWING there!

That would be me too! I loved it last winter when we got about 4 feet in 2 weeks!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

That would be me too! I loved it last winter when we got about 4 feet in 2 weeks!
We got 24 inches in a 24 hour period last year & I was in high heaven!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I was going to say...that freak Kenz will be along any minute to rave about the snow

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

We are supposed to get snow tommorrow.
I can't stand the cold or snow. I wish humans could just hibernate all winter.
When it gets cold I get so lazy. I never want to go anywhere and just want to sleep a lot. Does anybody here enjoy winter or do you hate it like me.
I love looking at it... I think snow (especially the big fat lake effect stuff we get... you know what I'm talking about) is so pretty... to look at. If I have to bundle up to go out in it then I hate it!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't live anywhere that doesn't at least have a dusting of snow.
I'm a true northern girl, no matter how much i hate the high gas bill in the winter and nearly getting in accidents on the way and from work.

Besides, I'd rather it snow than live somewhere that has a "rain season" rather than winter. That's just my preference though.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate snow! It's a dirty word! Well maybe I should retract that a bit, if I never had to go anywhere in the car, snow and I would get along just fine. But no, I hate the driving! Yes HATE! Bad snow!

lizsto1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I grew up in Connecticut so I was young enough to have to go to school in the snow or get a snow day and spend all day sled riding or ice skating. We moved here to FL when I was 14. I would HATE to have to drive in it every day to get to work.

Here we have had beautiful weather the last few days.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took my trash out this morning and it was so cold and windy that I thought for sure we were going to get some snow. As I was coming back in I saw a few frozen rain drops, but that was it. I can certainly live without snow!

conbrio

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I grew up in Memphis and if the weatherman said snow, ALL the stores would be out of milk and bread. On the plus side school would be canceled as well. Would we get any? not usually

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love snow!!! But i HATE ice!! And unfortuantely 90% of the time around here we get ice and not snow!
I'll trade ya!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by conbrio

I grew up in Memphis and if the weatherman said snow, ALL the stores would be out of milk and bread. On the plus side school would be canceled as well. Would we get any? not usually
Amen to that!
It's soo true- they even hint at snow around here and EVERYONE freaks out and buys out the grocery stores and acts like they're going to be snowed in for weeks
most of the time we don't even get a 1/4th of an inch!
Just ice- lots and lots of ice
I HATE ice

It also seems like all memphians forget how to drive in snow/ice too- it's kinda funny

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I love looking at it... I think snow (especially the big fat lake effect stuff we get... you know what I'm talking about)
I am all to familiar with "lake effect". In fact, our lake Erie snow machine is supposed to turn on today, but we are not expecting to get a whole lot, maybe 1-3 inches. If it was a little colder however, things would be different. I don't mind the snow and cold, but I don't like driving to work in the snow in heavy traffic. Our bobcats love snow and we will find them sleeping in it

lizsto1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Amen to that!
It's soo true- they even hint at snow around here and EVERYONE freaks out and buys out the grocery stores and acts like they're going to be snowed in for weeks
most of the time we don't even get a 1/4th of an inch!
Just ice- lots and lots of ice
I HATE ice
Thats funny...sounds like the people and stores around here when the word "hurricane" is mentioned