Daily Thread Monday Nov 5th

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning cat peeps

well, I am starting to go crazy with thoughts of Christmas and what to get who and when..and so on.. Christmas is stressful, I forgot!
But I still love it

Nothing much going on today..off to the gym and thats about it.

I hope you all have a good one

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Happy Guy Fawkes Day everyone (is that how you spell that?)

Well, back to work for another week. Not much interesting going on today.
Last night, I sent an email to someone who had been a very good friend years ago, but I haven't talked to in ages. I'm still all nervous to find out if he'll email back.

Last night I also finished chapter 2 in my Cambodian language book. Wow... it's hard. The author of the book/tapes doesn't believe in slowing down for beginners so right away you have to listen / talk at a normal rate... which is very fast!
Thank God for the "pause" button on Winamp.

So today I'm starting chapter 3.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Morning

I'm nearly finished my christmas shopping
I was determined to be ahead with it this year

A chilly day here, and i'm grocery shopping tonight
Nearly finished?
Wow, I am out of the loop
I haven't even started!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get to turn in my first time sheet this
I'll get paid on FRIDAY!!!

We don't start until after Thanksgiving. Why who knows? I use to be done the day of Black Friday.

Anyhoo, I also have to pick up a car for my brother and SIL today. Friday was their 11 year anniversary and I forgot it

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Nearly finished?
Wow, I am out of the loop
I haven't even started!
It's because i had just moved into my new house at the end of october, so i was still buying bits and bobs for that as well as christmas shopping.

Every weekend i was weighed down with bags up until the last weekend for christmas, and i was shattered and it took the fun out of shopping for the christmas presents
So i vowed never again and i would start early the following year

Originally Posted by marie-p

Happy Guy Fawkes Day everyone
Do you celebrate that over there?

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Morning

I'm nearly finished my christmas shopping
I was determined to be ahead with it this year

A chilly day here, and i'm grocery shopping tonight
Well.... I've started thinking about my Christmas shopping already. That's a start, huh?

Fortunately I don't have much to buy. We're keeping Christmas simple in our family and that's how I like it. One gift to buy for the gift exchange, and one for my niece and nephew. That's about it.
I think the hardest part will be finding something I want for the gift exchange.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Everbody!

Got quite a bit of Christmas Shopping done this weekend. I need to make the journey to the mall for one last item for my out of town family. Then I can start on DH's family! Going to fax a resume while I'm out. I'll wrap it all up with some Grocery shopping and I'm sure by then, I'll be ready to hide!

I'm just joining the land of the living at Noon here today. I was headed to bed a bit after 3 this morning, but then the people behind us decided to turn their music up and have an arguement outdoors. And it was cold last night.... Oh and someone couldn't get their car started so it was about 15 minutes straight of that. Don't know if DH already had earplugs in, or if he was in a deep enough sleep to ignore it!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm struggling with the time change today
The morning is dragging by, because it seems later than it is and it will be dark by the time I get off work!

Riley didn't care for his dinner being an hour "late" either

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well its sunny but very windy and going to get windier as the day progresses.
Right now sustained winds 29 mph gusts up to 45 mph!!! Gotta tie a rope around my waist to the front door so I won't blow away (haha).
Bad thing its recycling day and so day the stuff hasn't blown around yet.

Then snow flurries expected with far northern Wisconsin and the UP of MI getting 6-10 inches of snow!!!

So after getting lots of stuff done outside this weekend time for indoor projects.
Got the potting shed all cleaned up for the winter.
Have all my overwintering plants under the grow lights in the basement-about 50 or so.

Did some more organizing/cleanup down there and working on getting some saved seeds sorted out and labeled and making notes on what to replant for next year.

Its funny Christmas shopping was mentioned as I picked up a couple more gifts and was thinking of doing some wrapping.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems cold and windy here today. I haven't been outside yet. The weather network says 9°C with wind gusts of 50 km/h. We are supposed to get 10mm of rain today.

I have to work 3-9:30. Its seniors day and my second shift as cash supervisor. I am also getting trained to work at the customer service desk today since the cash supervisor has to cover their breaks. Its going to be a busy, busy night. To top it off at 8pm, they are starting to put our new tills in (we don't close until 9) and I have to open the store tomorrow and try to figure out how to use the new tills, put the money in all of them and get everything ready to go...all in 15 minutes. At least I am not the one who has to start at 8pm tonight and work overnight getting them ready.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey all.

Nat - I have started my Christmas shopping - I try to spread it out so it is less costly all at once.

Things are ok here in the T Dot, but I don't want to work today!

Hope everyone is well!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gah I havent even thought about Christmas until just now! Seesh! I'll probably put it off at least until Thanksgiving! But before I start on that I need to figure out what to get my BF for our anniversary. Its in 1 month from today... I have no clue as to what to get him! Ides are appreciated!
And its in the upper 60's here right now, but tomorrow its not expected to get out of the 40's
I dont like cold! I dont have a lot planned for the rest of the night just hanging out and relaxing for a bit!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The heat isn't on at work yet.
I don't wanna go. No wonder I can't get over my cold, it's like warmer outside than it is at work!

I'm whiny today.
I wanna go back to bed...snuggle with the cats & dogs. It's warm & cozy there.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a little late to the thread today! Here's how my day went.

This morning i dragged my butt into work and it went by SOOOOOOOO slow all day long. I've been sick for the past week and just felt aweful. I would have left early if i didn't need the money- but i made it through the day so it's ok! We didn't have any adoptions today so that stunk- we did however have a few idiots surrender their animals though- that's always lovely

After work was over, I came home and took a nice long bath! It was great to just soak my worries away and i felt much better afterwards! After that I just hung out with my furbabies and Colin for a while and we had some dinner and watched a little tv. Right now i'm trying to get a few more things put together for our wedding and coughing so that's about it! I'm off work tomorrow and wed so that's GREAT! I've been looking foward to my days off all week

Also- tonight Colin said that i could start using the 3rd bedroom ("the cat room" ) for any future foster kitties i wanted to put in there in the future- so that's awesome! We had been arguing over the whole fostering thing lately and i had resigned myself to take a break for a while after Jezabel goes back since he was upset about it- but tonight he had a change of heart and said i could keep fostering as long as i wanted -so Ya!!!!
(i think him seeing my sweet little 3 legged foster baby Jezabel had a lot to do with it
)