TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › New Cats on the Block › Newbie from Texas with 8 furry babies!! (long intro)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Newbie from Texas with 8 furry babies!! (long intro)

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
Hi everyone,

I'm Kristina, I just turned 22 and i'm a college student majoring in EC-4th Grade Intermediate Studies and Digital Media Studies with an EC-12th Grade Technology Applications teaching certification. I'm a certified vet assistant, and i'm taking classes in spare time and on weekends from AVAMA accredited Penn Foster College to earn an associates in Veterinary Technology.

I live in Webster Texas, located in Clear Lake, just 25 miles Southeast of Houston with my 8 furry babies and my fiancee.

We started with my fiancee's cat he had when we started dating, Crack_Cat (because she's nuts), and then Layla (a seal tip siamese), and Dixon (regular domestic black and white shorthair) we rescued in April 2005 from the Houston SPCA. Layla was one and Dixon was 3 months. Then in June of 2005, my fiancee was in the "doghouse" no pun intended, and rescued me a 6 week old orange tabby from our complex, who was got checked out with the vet, and named Tigger.
Then August the same year, just as we were about to move 80 miles away, I was returning home late from work one night, and spotted a trash bag blowing on the sidewalk (it was trash day, after all), and the closer I got, the more started to see that the trash bag had glowing eyes, and was crying. Most definitey NOT a trashbag. I slowly walked up and realized it was a scared kitten, about 5 weeks old who had been starved and put outside next to someones' garbage like yesterdays' newspaper. We had seen a very similar looking kitty in a neightbors window the day before, but it wasn't theirs. We looked for owners until the day before we moved, but noone came forward. She was SO afraid. She wouldn't even go in the litterbox we put for her alone in our bedroom for her. She held it until she just couldn't anymore, and then Ipicked her up and she went. All over our bed. *LOL*
She (whom we previosly thoght was a "he" had nearly no meow. She squeaked, and now that we've had her for 3 years, "Squeakers" still has no meow, but she's still ours!!
By complete accident, Squeakers and Tigger decided we needed more babies, so by gosh, they made them. On February 10, 2006 at 5:10p.m. Squeakers gave birth to 5 of the cutest babies ever. 3 boys and 2 girls, who we named Tyler (boy), Jesse (boy), Guillermo (boy), Daisy (girl), and Itty Bitty (girl).
Since them, they're comming up on their 2nd birthday, Tyler was killed at 7 months old and stuffed into an empty tidy cats pail by ou maintenace man at our apartment (We looked for him for a week and had ssumed that he had gotten our and run off when one morning I went to use the empty pail for storage, and discoved him, dead. Jesse has a loving home with our former upstairs neighbors, Daisy lives with us and will be soon adopted by our new upstairs neighbors, Guillermo is our little whiney butt, and Itty Bitty (the "runt" of the litter) was adopted by a coworker of my fiancee.

Presently we have Crack-Cat a medium-haired calico, Dixon (our big chubby, lazy black and white domestic shorthair), Layla (our prissy little seal tip siamese who talked too loud, too much, and thinks she runs our house), Tigger (our orange tabby and my bestest friend lol), Squeakers (our sweet little tuxedo), Daisy (our blue calico), Guillermo "Moe" (our skinny little white and grey tabby), and TJ (Tigger Jr), (our 9 month old orange tabby).

So here we are!!
post #2 of 19
Welcome to TCS, Kristina! You will love it here - everyone's friendly! I would LOVE to see pics of your furry family
post #3 of 19
Thread Starter 
A few or you have asked for pics of us, so much abliged! Here ya go!!

Crack-Cat, Layla, Dixon, Tigger, Squeakers, Guillermo, Daisy, and TJ!!



Click Daisy's image to view our photobucket slideshow (no need to join first, just give a click! (Pops up in new window.)
post #4 of 19
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina y Milky te saludan!!........
(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...)

See you on the forums!
post #5 of 19
Hey there, welcome to TCS!

Poor Tyler! I can't beleive you found him like that..I would have for days!

Your fur family sounds so adorable though, and it seems you'll fit right in here
post #6 of 19
Thread Starter 
I truly did cry for days. I still get depressed. His resting place is in the open field on our condominum's property, so I go visit him every once in a while. It's even still difficult to go to the area in the house where I found him. I have to every day though, because the litter boxes and food dispensers are in the cat's area.
We don't let anyone from our condos in our house anymore unless we're at home and in the same room, and we don't keep empty litter pails in the house anymore. Not even for storage. We try to keep locks and safekeepers on most thing that the kiddies could get into...just in case. Ty's death has really put me on edge. I guess i've become a bit overprotective of our babies now
post #7 of 19
Hi and welcome to TCS! We are so glad you have joined us!

If I can help you with any questions you have about the site, please click on my username and send me a message.
post #8 of 19
Hi there Kristina we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your adorable kitties to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions
post #9 of 19
Hi, welcome to TCS.
I am so sorry about Tyler.
Your other sweeties sound adorable.
I hope that we see pictures of them soon.

As you learn your way around the site, if you need help,
please feel free to contact me.
Simply click on my user name and send a private message.
I will get back to you asap.
post #10 of 19
Thread Starter 
I think I posted a slideshow on page one, but if you cant find it just send me a pm and i'll send ya a link!
post #11 of 19
Thanks for letting me know about your slide show.
That is a great idea.
All of your sweetie pies are adorable.
Dixon, your sink kitty, is so cute.
post #12 of 19
welcome!!!
post #13 of 19
Hello & welcome to TCS. The pics wouldn't load, just a black screen. Hope you can post pics in your sig or avatar. My son rescued Blossom after seeing something being tipped out of a plastic bag by an elderly man just over a year ago. After returning from the shops he went to investigate & found a 3 week old kitten.
post #14 of 19

Hello & Welcome to the Cat Site!

We have 8 fuzzy babies too! Hope to hear more about your cats!
Look forward to seeing photos of your big family of rascals

Best Wishes to you, your fiancee, Crack Cat, Dixon, Layla, Tigger, Squeakers, Daisy, Moe, & TJ!
Good Luck with everything Enjoy the forums!
post #15 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katz4Life View Post

Hello & Welcome to the Cat Site!

We have 8 fuzzy babies too! Hope to hear more about your cats!
Look forward to seeing photos of your big family of rascals

Best Wishes to you, your fiancee, Crack Cat, Dixon, Layla, Tigger, Squeakers, Daisy, Moe, & TJ!
Good Luck with everything Enjoy the forums!
Well hello there!! I didn't think anyone i'd ever meet would have as many babies as us!! My family thinks it's ridiculous and has been trying to make me get rid of them for years.
Tell me, do you ever get overwhelmed? Do you have a large home? How do you keep everything clean? Ihave so many questions since i've never met enyone else with a family as big!! LOL

I'll get a few pics toghether since the slideshows I keep posting don't always work...
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpetlova View Post
Well hello there!! I didn't think anyone i'd ever meet would have as many babies as us!! My family thinks it's ridiculous and has been trying to make me get rid of them for years.
Tell me, do you ever get overwhelmed? Do you have a large home? How do you keep everything clean? Ihave so many questions since i've never met enyone else with a family as big!! LOL
Hello Again! Our families think its ridiculous that we have so many cats too, they just don't get it because they aren't cat people...having all these cats are a dream come true to us!

Honestly, yes we do get a tiny bit overwelmed with 8 cats but we have lots of time for them so its not bad. We don't have a large house, but we made sure that all of our cats have their own space if they need it by building all their cat highways & houses up towards the ceilings. We try to clean & vacuum everyday along with cleaning their litterboxes. They are all worth it & we love it!

If you have any questions or need anything at all - just ask! Have a good day!
post #17 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katz4Life View Post
Hello Again! Our families think its ridiculous that we have so many cats too, they just don't get it because they aren't cat people...having all these cats are a dream come true to us!

Honestly, yes we do get a tiny bit overwelmed with 8 cats but we have lots of time for them so its not bad. We don't have a large house, but we made sure that all of our cats have their own space if they need it by building all their cat highways & houses up towards the ceilings. We try to clean & vacuum everyday along with cleaning their litterboxes. They are all worth it & we love it!

If you have any questions or need anything at all - just ask! Have a good day!

Finally someone who knows what I go through!
It seems like no matter how much I vaccum though I still can't get the fur up! Not to mention waking up in the morning and finding the fridge open, and all the cabinet doors open. I do however keep their boxes clean...very clean with 8 of them lol How many boxes do you have? We keep 2 in the cat's area in the livingroom and one in our room in the bathrrom. That covers pretty much all of our apartment lol

By the way, where does everyone get the neato signatures i keep seeing?
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpetlova View Post
Finally someone who knows what I go through!
It seems like no matter how much I vaccum though I still can't get the fur up! Not to mention waking up in the morning and finding the fridge open, and all the cabinet doors open. I do however keep their boxes clean...very clean with 8 of them lol How many boxes do you have? We keep 2 in the cat's area in the livingroom and one in our room in the bathrrom. That covers pretty much all of our apartment lol

By the way, where does everyone get the neato signatures i keep seeing?
Yes we know what you are going through!
We have 4 litterboxes, all in the same area...
Heres all of our 8 fuzzies if you want to see: http://thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139434

Heres helpful information about signatures: http://thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115113
If you want to request a signature: http://thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141376
To see other peoples completed signatures:http://thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141379

Signatures are lots of fun - can't wait to see what yours is going to look like!
You can either have a photo signature or a signature with just your cats names like the one we have.
We will have a photo signature as soon as our two kittens are all grown up :
post #19 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katz4Life View Post
Yes we know what you are going through!
We have 4 litterboxes, all in the same area...
Heres all of our 8 fuzzies if you want to see: http://thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139434

Heres helpful information about signatures: http://thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115113
If you want to request a signature: http://thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141376
To see other peoples completed signatures:http://thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141379

Signatures are lots of fun - can't wait to see what yours is going to look like!
You can either have a photo signature or a signature with just your cats names like the one we have.
We will have a photo signature as soon as our two kittens are all grown up :
Oh they're adorable!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: New Cats on the Block
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › New Cats on the Block › Newbie from Texas with 8 furry babies!! (long intro)