Best quality clumping litter?

tigerlord

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm looking for a quality litter that clumps well that I can use in my litter robot. Preferably environmental friendly if possible !

World Best Cat Litter is suppose to be good but very difficult to find in Quebec...

londonkat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What's a litter robot? Sounds interesting... does it clean the box for you?! Tell me more!

I too am looking for a quality and environmentally (and kitty-cat) friendly. I'll be interested in reading the opinions from everyone!

-LK

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We haven't done a lot of comparisons, but we're quite happy with PetGold's clumping litter plus baking soda formula, in the 30# refillable tub. It sells down here for about $13.99 for the initial tub, and after that it's $11.99; you refill from their "sandbox"
, which we think is a lot of fun!

mamakitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerLord

I'm looking for a quality litter that clumps well that I can use in my litter robot. Preferably environmental friendly if possible !

World Best Cat Litter is suppose to be good but very difficult to find in Quebec...
I got my babies a litter robot two weeks ago. I started introducing them the robot with litter a week ago and they are SCARED!!! I turned off the robot so that it won't clean until I turn it on. I'm using Miracle litter and it clumps really well. One of my baby tries the robot the other day and it clumps and cleaned after 7 minutes. The only problem with Miracle is that it doesn't control the odor as much as the bag stated so I'm back to the drawing board again to find a litter that clumps and reduces odor, if not eliminates.

schizek

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Tidy Cats Small Spaces clumps very well and the loose grains drain easily from the scooper which is usually an important key for the auto-clean litterboxes. I don't have one myself, so I can't say for sure, but it's worth a try!

Small Spaces has the orange label.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
feline pine cluping with either worlds best or swheet scoop

river

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A lot of people use corn based chicken feed as a litter, it's suppose to be almost the same as World's Best.

aja

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I used to use Arm and Hammer, but when I go to clean it, the clumps fall apart, so I switched to Scoop away. It's MUCH better and controls the odor a little better, but I always clean the box right after one of the cats do a number, especially poop. But scoop away is better than arm and hammer. I like scoopable litter better than reg. litter. It lasts longer and it doesn't bother me to clean it up everyday.....I have less litter changing, that's for sure.

vrgchs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use Worlds Best and really like it, I tried Swheat Scoop and I did not care for it.

Valerie

vrgchs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

swheat scoops clumps stay too wet and make for a messy litter box and I find WBCL lasts longer
So true!! I did not like the way swheat scoop clumped, or lack of clumping. WBCL clumps much better!! Expecially for a multicat household, it is good.

Valerie

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know you said it's hard to find World's Best in Quebec, but is it possible that the pet store you usually shop at would order it in for you. I live in a small town northwest of Toronto and the local pet store will order pretty much anything I want because I buy pretty much everything I need from her. She ordered in the Merrick's food when I switched (now has other customers using Merrick's), always puts aside a large bag of WBCL for me and orders Orijen in now.

I personally will not use clay litters so I'm a WBCL lover.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Krayoni

I'm looking for a new litter as well...the Arm and Hammer isn't quite doing it for me anymore!
what food do you feed ... much of litter box odur is food related

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I know you said it's hard to find World's Best in Quebec, but is it possible that the pet store you usually shop at would order it in for you. I live in a small town northwest of Toronto and the local pet store will order pretty much anything I want because I buy pretty much everything I need from her. She ordered in the Merrick's food when I switched (now has other customers using Merrick's), always puts aside a large bag of WBCL for me and orders Orijen in now.

I personally will not use clay litters so I'm a WBCL lover.
same here, we were driving to the next city to get food and litter but when I asked the owner of the local store if she could order it, she did and it is now a staple in the store and she thanks me for telling her about a best seller

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Tidy Cats multiple cats odor control (blue label). Can't beat $3.99 for a 20 lb bag.

I works great with my 12 week old kitten Jack.

Leslie

exoticbabee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've been very happy with Fresh Step (unscented). It's $11.50 for 28lb bucket at Walmart.

auchick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have tried a few litters lately trying to find the best one clumping. I am currently mixing litters. I use Tidy Cat's Immediate Odor Control (blue lid) to control odor but it likes to leave behind tiny clumps that aren't big enough to make it out of my scooper. So..I really like Walmart's Special Kitty (green box, $5 for 27 lb) because it clumps GREAT! and is CHEAP! but odor control is an issue with this litter alone. I didn't find much improvement with their "clumping with crystals" so save the extra money.

I really like the combination of these two litters as odor is controlled well and it clumps good too.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i've just recently switched to Scoop Away, & i'm really pleased with how well it clumps... i just wish i could find the unscented one!

vegaskitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We are using Walmart's Litter in the green & White Jug. I love it. No dust and doesn't smell "cat-like". Clumps well too. I don't have anything to compare it too though!