Our cat is behaving strangely!

norstar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

We have a cat (a moggy of approx 10 yrs old, neutered) who seems to be rather a lazy cat. He sleeps most of the time and doesn't move about a whole lot. He eats small amounts of food many times during the day and doesn't seem to have any 'toilet' issues.

When he does venture outside all he seems to want to do is sit on the wall and meow very loudly in a strange way. After he has done this for a while he comes striding back in making strange squeeky sounds for a few minutes before stretching back out on the sofa.

Has anyone else seen this sort of behaviour? Is our cat unhappy? We are a little worried as to why he sleeps all the time. Maybe he is bored?

Any advice would be good.

Thanks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

norstar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh !

Are you referring to a 'special' kitty friend? I think he fancies the female cat next door.

What do I do? Is he going to be unhappy?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the other poster is absolutely right, and no, it won't hurt a thing if he "courts" the girl next door
, because he's "shooting blanks"!
If possible, you might think about adopting at least one more cat, too -- contrary to what some say, cats ARE social beings and they love the company of their own kind!
Two (or more) cats play, groom, sleep, and have all sorts of fun together once the initial introductions are over.
And, you'd be saving another precious life (or more than one!)
. Something to think about...!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

norstar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Now it's been mentioned, it makes sense. He does appear to be calling to something when he sits on the wall.

However, my wife saw this post and now she wants another cat. Oh dear lol

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Norstar

Now it's been mentioned, it makes sense. He does appear to be calling to something when he sits on the wall.

However, my wife saw this post and now she wants another cat. Oh dear lol
Give you wife a bear hug!!! Getting a playmate for him would be wonderful! Not only for him, but for you and your family,too! You'll be amazed, and amused with a new addition to your family. Your "lazy" cat will turn into a new kitten with the right playmate!