Max feels like he's home.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's integrated. He's walking about the place as if he has every right, and don't tell him any differently.

Minor growling here and there from the kids, but it's just basic cat talk - they are letting Max know what's what and who falls where in the household hierarchy - including him, since he seems to be here to stay.

He's met my roomie, collected some scritching, and he's exploring the toy box in the kitchen.

At dinner, I was going to feed him apart from the others, but he was right there when I was putting bowls down on the floor, jamming his head right in Penny's bowl. I moved him aside, and showed him his bowl, and he enjoyed a nice wet-food dinner.
Max sure isn't shy!
But his table manners are atrocious!

I think it'll be an easy night, tonight. And I think Max and Ferris will be fast friends, once they get to know each other.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
glad everything seems to be working out! Max sure does seem like a handful though

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
That is so wonderful, Betsy. Hard to believe that it has only been 24 hours since Max came home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The light on the battery charger is still red.
I have to wait until it turns green.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Betsy that is just really beautiful how it has all just fallen into place. I still remember when we all first read about that little sweetie and how our hearts all went out for him and now HES AT YOUR HOUSE!!

Im so happy to hear how friendly and confident he is
and I REALLY cant wait to see some pics!!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Oh Betsy that is just really beautiful how it has all just fallen into place. I still remember when we all first read about that little sweetie and how our hearts all went out for him and now HES AT YOUR HOUSE!!

Im so happy to hear how friendly and confident he is
and I REALLY cant wait to see some pics!!!
I know - hard to believe, huh?
Everything happens for a reason - I'm so glad he's here!

Penny's nose is a bit out of joint, but she'll come around soon enough. I've been sure to touch them all as much as possible to share the "house" scent with Max and to get him smelling like he belongs. That really is the biggest hurdle with the intros, I really do believe that.

How else could I do two successive 24-48 hour intros with such positive result?
It does take watching them with an eagle eye, and talking to them all, and watching their body language - I've been 100% cat focused most of the day.

It's late now, but I think I can go to bed and leave Max to his own devices this evening without fear that there will be any serious altercations.

I'll have one ear open for items getting knocked off their perches, however.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like how you said "exploring" the toy box....not 'demolishing everything inside it!"

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad that everything's going so well!! I think introducing the second cat to the first cat is the hardest - after that it just seems easier.

Sounds as though Max is just a lovable boy as well! It does sound like he and Ferris will be best buddies before too long which is great.

Can't wait for pics!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
He's really settling in quickly, isn't he? It's amazing that the others are accepting him so readily. Ginger and Ferris must really be laid-back cats.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

He's really settling in quickly, isn't he? It's amazing that the others are accepting him so readily. Ginger and Ferris must really be laid-back cats.
I have some well-tempered, well-behaved kits, I sure do.

I like to think that it has something to do with how well we can communicate - I spoke to them about Max every days for a week, and nearly every day for a week or two before that, and showed them his picture, plus I followed tips and tricks I learned by reading intro threads here on TCS.

I think that they read my body language and pick up on how I feel, and I've given lots of individual attention and love and reassurance to each of them, so no one feels left out or too threatened by the new kid.

I think if you are nervous, they will be, too, and if you are calm and relaxed, they pick up on that. Feliway diffusers in every room are a big help, too. (Probably the biggest, to be honest.
)

But I think they know that they all know that they are safe here. They trust me.