Jezabel the 3 legged kitten is home!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As some of you know, i recently posted that I would be taking in another foster kitten named Jezabel.
She is a 3-4 month old dsh calico -she's just a little love bug! Some lady found her not too long ago with a broken leg and in pretty bad shape so she brought her in to our shelter. The leg was too far gone to save, so the vet had to amputate it. (here's the link http://thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147009) The surgery went well and she is doing good- she's adjusting to walking on 3 legs, but is still a little under the weather. She had a nasty flea infestation and worms- but we dewormed her and gave her a capstar so she should be feeling MUCH better soon! She also had severe ear mites- so it took us ages to clean her little ears out today and treat them- they're both a bit sore.

I will have little Jezabel here at home with me until her stitches are out (in 10 days) and she's starting to feel better. I have her set up in the cat room in a snuggly/warm cage- so hopefully that will help! She's definitely got a little appetite going too- she eats like a little pig
She's just a joy to be around- i'm hoping that as soon as she's healed up and ready to be spayed- she finds a wonderful home that will be willing to adopt this special kitten

I don't have a camera to take pictures of her-but i will try and borrow my mom's the next time i see her later in the week!
She's a little doll!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw! Poor baby but at least her leg was taken off and not left on. I heard it's easier for dogs and cats to have no leg than a bad leg that'll get in their way. They adjust quicker and better. Lots of vibes!
I hope her ear mites clear up. That must be a bit annoying for her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

Aw! Poor baby but at least her leg was taken off and not left on. I heard it's easier for dogs and cats to have no leg than a bad leg that'll get in their way. They adjust quicker and better. Lots of vibes!
I hope her ear mites clear up. That must be a bit annoying for her.
I agree- it would have been much worse had they left the leg on- she was just dragging it behind her body when she came in and it was completly mangled. She seems to be getting around much better without it now!
I just love her to pieces too- she's soo cute and tinsy!
She really is a trooper too -she's been through soo much at such a young age and is just soo sweet about everything. I really adore the little thing!

The ear mites should be dying/dead - we cleaned her ears out thoroughly then put some ivermectin in each ear- that will kill them
So she should be feeling better soon but in the mean time- they're just really sore and irritated- she had a horrible case of ear mites- when we were cleaning her little ears- just chuncks of ear mites/debris were comming out. Poor little thing!

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm glad the little sweetie is home!!
Sending lots of healing for Jezebel. Here's more that she gets a loving home!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!

Apparently miss thing is feeling MUCH better
She is an escape artist! A few minutes ago, i looked up from watching tv to see little Jezabel sitting in the hallway
She had escaped from her cage! I had forgotten that one of the bars has a bit of a gap in it towards the bottom of the cage (normally i have a small scratching post covering it so my kittens can't escape- but i had forgotten to put the scratching post on there when i set it up (i'm sick -it's been a REALLY long day!) so little miss priss decided she'd squeeze through the cage bars and go explore

She adores Kojak- hehe Kojak thinks he's her big brother
She's fitting right in here