natural or blow dry?

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just gave Cynder a bath and towel dried her really good with a good rub and a long brushing with her brush...

Should I blow dry her with a dryer on low?

She is 4 years old..do I need to get her 100% dry?

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I blow dry my cats because they are long haired. If you have one of those ionic dryers they dry fast and aren't as loud. Dry on the low heat setting. Really it is best to blow dry this time of year.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sunfairie

Oh, yes..she is long haired too..thanks much..
Yep! I would blow dry her then. Sometimes I prop my blow dryer up on something so I can brush, comb and fluff while drying. They turn out so nice and soft! And it helps blow out a bit more of the dead hair too. I also lay a sheet out to catch fur and put the cat on it. The fur will fly so be prepared! It's well worth it though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Yep! I would blow dry her then. Sometimes I prop my blow dryer up on something so I can brush, comb and fluff while drying. They turn out so nice and soft! And it helps blow out a bit more of the dead hair too. I also lay a sheet out to catch fur and put the cat on it. The fur will fly so be prepared! It's well worth it though.
Got it!

TY..
taking notes...
now I need to get off here and go do it..
darn TCS addiction

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she's a shorthair or slightly longer hair, then air drying and a little combing (not brushing) is fine. If she's a long hair, you really should be combing and blow drying till she's a good 90% dry. If not the damp fur will tangle.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Ollie's a short hair and gets monthly baths... I towel dry him and keep him wrapped in dry towels for as long as he'll stand, then he's left to air dry... I'd love to blow dry him, just to cut down on the post-bath hair balls, but he'd NEVER have it! He's not keen on noisy things haha... but if your cat will cooperate, I'd blow dry

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine are all DSHs, so I towel dry. I have tried to bathe & groom some DMH/DLH kitties at the shelter, I will have to remember your advice! Although, some of them don't want to be blow dried...

Is Cynder all fluffy & pretty now?

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I tired to blow dry her but she was not to happy with it, so I did it only for a bit.
She came out so soft and shiny though after all is isad and done!

Her fur under her belly and some on her legs is curly??...kinda weird but I bushed her out really good and have no tangles or mattes

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Enzo is medium haired, but he will NOT let me blow dry him. He'll crawl on my lap after a few minutes and let me hold him in a blanket until he is dry. He's so cute
What a momma's boy!

The other two don't like the blow dryer either, but they are short haired so the towel does a decent job.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bijou and Mika won't have anything to do with the blow dryer so they get towelled as much as possible and then they lick themselves dry. We try to do it just before bedtime because they both like to sleep with us and I know they'll cuddle down under the covers and keep warm.

I may need to invest in one of those quieter blow dryers and then maybe Bijou wouldn't mind since he loves to be vacuumed with the central vac.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

You have shorthair cats - they don't need to be blow dried
Yes, but I always thought they would be more comfortable dry than have to wait.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sunfairie

I tired to blow dry her but she was not to happy with it, so I did it only for a bit.
She came out so soft and shiny though after all is isad and done!

Her fur under her belly and some on her legs is curly??...kinda weird but I bushed her out really good and have no tangles or mattes
You can try again next time you bathe. She may let you do it a little longer each time and get used to it. Jake used to get that curly hair on his belly and legs if I didn't blow dry and comb him out all the way. I wouldn't worry about it.

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

You can try again next time you bathe. She may let you do it a little longer each time and get used to it. Jake used to get that curly hair on his belly and legs if I didn't blow dry and comb him out all the way. I wouldn't worry about it.
Hey thanks