Whisper Antics

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Whisper is making me laugh so often lately! He's taken to laying on the top step of our staircase, with Reagan on the step beneath him. It's a pain going up and down as you have to gently nudge both cats out of the way, but it's cute as heck! From Reagan's perspective I think it's a dominance thing (she wants to know where everybody is and it's the perfect vantage point) but with Whisper, I think he's trying to be close to her. So cute!

Last night he was sitting in the doorway of the office (where I'm sitting now) and just watching me. He gave me the most evil look I've ever seen on his face, and then promptly rolled over on his back for some belly rubs!

Now he gets on the stairs, underfoot, and when you try to move him, rolls onto his back for rubs. He's such a sweetie with me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't have a camera
I meant to mention that, that I wish I had a camera or even a video camera to take some shots of him being so cute. Reagan's filthy right now and I don't want to bathe her because the change in weather has brought on some dry skin and I don't want to dry her out too much

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are both about a year old. Whisper is a blue/grey color and Reagan is black and white, although right now she's black and grey.

Funny story about Reagan:

We accidentally locked her in the basement with the dog
She doesn't particularly like the dog, though they don't normally bother one another. At any rate, I couldn't find her the next day, *anywhere*. It turns out that she'd gotten up amongst the support beams in the basement. We have no idea how she got there, and I can't go down there at the moment because I'm afraid of falling down the steep steps.

I had to have my neighbor come into the house and get her down. I didn't know where she was except that from the basement steps, it sounded like she was inside the stairs going to the second floor!

So that's how she got so filthy lol

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ghosthunterbeck

They are both about a year old. Whisper is a blue/grey color and Reagan is black and white, although right now she's black and grey.

Funny story about Reagan:

We accidentally locked her in the basement with the dog
She doesn't particularly like the dog, though they don't normally bother one another. At any rate, I couldn't find her the next day, *anywhere*. It turns out that she'd gotten up amongst the support beams in the basement. We have no idea how she got there, and I can't go down there at the moment because I'm afraid of falling down the steep steps.

I had to have my neighbor come into the house and get her down. I didn't know where she was except that from the basement steps, it sounded like she was inside the stairs going to the second floor!

So that's how she got so filthy lol
It's amazing what they get in to! When Harley and Monster were about 4 months old, DH was fixing the plumbing in the tub. It was an old house, so there was false walls covering the plumbing which he had to cut a hole in. He just leaned a board against it and closed the door. Well, apparently, one of us accidently left the door open. We were in the kitchen (with drop ceilings) and heard the pitter patter of little feet in the ceiling above us! DH got a step ladder, lifted one of the panels and managed to get Monster, but Harley was a lot more stubborn! Finally, we got him out...BOTH of the just COVERED in cobwebs and dust and god know's what!

We were NOT impressed, but they had the time of their lives!

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Reagan was terrified when she did it to herself, poor thing. She didn't know how to get down, and she wasn't trapped. I don't know that we'll ever figure out how she managed to get up there, but she has a talent for jumping and likes to be in the highest possible windows!