Afternoon update:

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Penny and Ferris have decided to come out of hiding. Ferris has been on my lap giving cuddles, and I was able to touch Penny without her hissing at me.

And because of that I was able to get some vanilla on her.
Cookie kitties!!!!

The three resident cats are now wandering around, have checked out and used the newest litterbox - I just added one, that makes 4 boxes, and I used a mix of tidy cats and special kitty. I think I'm going to stick with the special kitty brand from here on out.

The not so good news: My camera batteries are recharging.
Pictures will have to wait until tomorrow. But I think I'm going to let Max out soon and see what happens. With all of Penny's hissing, there wasn't too much growling (unless they are saving it.
)

There are lots and lots of good cat hidey holes, so if there are altercations, there are means of escape. And I'll be watching with a large towel close by, just in case.

I'll keep you all posted.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, I am sure it will be fine...well I hope anyway..you never know with Ginger around with all that risky tortitude and all

I can't wait much longer for pics!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...and no one is doing any "newbie exploring" yet. I think Max is passed out under my bed.

I'm keeping myself busy taking down towers of stuff that has been unpacked but not stored away yet - curtains, sheet sets (I have no linen closet
) boxes of framed and unframed photos, straw baskets filled with miscellaneous, things to post on Freecycle, stuff to post on eBay...

Adopting a new cat seems to make me quite productive.
I don't know if that's a positive or a negative reward.

I hope that there is no fighting....they are all cookie cats, please let there be no bloodshed...

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
His curiosity got the best of him - he's in my bedroom now, sniffing all up and down Max's carrier - still no sign of Max! No growling at all from Ferris...so far, so good?

Wow - Ferris just came back out - he even went under my bed - no aggression at all - now I have to pick him up and tell him what a good boy he is, my sweet Ferris.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

His curiosity got the best of him - he's in my bedroom now, sniffing all up and down Max's carrier - still no sign of Max! No growling at all from Ferris...so far, so good?

Wow - Ferris just came back out - he even went under my bed - no aggression at all - now I have to pick him up and tell him what a good boy he is, my sweet Ferris.
Maybe he told Max that it isn't so bad there.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Max has now explored every room but the bathroom, and he has met Ferris and Ginger. Ferris is following him, growling, cautious, but interested.

Ginger was at the top of the big condo in the kitchen taking a nap, and Max leaped right up beside her. She promptly growled at him, with a few threatening hisses and one paw swipe thrown in for good measure. I was a standing just a foot from them; they were watching me watch them meet.

I then backed away from the condo and called Max away from Ginger, and he came!
He is now on the window perch checking everything out.

No sign of Penny...last seen heading into my roomie's bedroom. Max went in there and under the bed, but I heard NOTHING. So I have no idea about those two yet.

So far so good with Ferris and Ginger, though! Ferris growled more when we moved into this apartment than he is at Max right now, so he's going to be fine!

And I think it went well with Ginger. She's interested, too, but had the devil in her eye as she explained to the new kid that SHE is the one in charge around here.

Camera batteries still not charged yet.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh it sounds like things are going really good.

I cant wait to see the pics

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow it all sounds very promising!! I guess Ferris and Ginger have learnt that the new kid is never a threat to them, and it just means more treats for them

Hope it keeps on going well!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far, so good!

Max is wandering around, checking everything out, meowing up a storm, and the others are not acting too aggressive.

Ferris keeps sending mixed signals - friendly trills that have a growl half-tacked on at the end. He and Max have yawned at each other, and both settled down to pretend to nap within several feet of each other.

Ginger is being really good - she's just keeping an eye on the new kid, and Penny has come out from her sulk to stare at Max from a safe distance.

Unless something drastic happens, I think it's going to be pretty smooth sailing from here.
Thanks for all the smooth intro vibes!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OOooo, so far so good!

I'm so glad to her that the intros are starting to go smoothly, its always such a relief when everyone starts to get along, isn't it?

I can't wait to see photos!