We're home!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got home this afternoon from a weeklong roadtrip with my mum and aunt (DH is in Boston for work).

We've had soooooo much fun! We drove to Yosemite, Las Vegas, Anaheim (for Disneyland), Hollywood, then home. We've driven about 1500 miles (2400 km) in that time!

Yosemite was gorgeous with the Autumn colours, absolutely stunning. Las Vegas was fun - mainly the lions at MGM, they were easily my favourite part of Vegas! They were so beautiful, and in such good condition. They live at a ranch on the outskirts of Vegas and take it in turns to come to the enclosure during the day, and are never there for more than 5-6 hours at a time (the enclosure only has the lions from 11am-10pm), and seem to have a lot of fun playing with the keepers while they're there.

Disneyland was fabulous - we had sooooooo much fun! We were like kids again. We did pretty much every ride including all the little kids rides
Our favourite was probably the teacup ride - we did that twice
I can't wait to go back again!!

Hollywood was seedy as usual, but I got to catch up with a couple of friends while my mum and aunt did a tour, so I ended up having a great time!

I've got some of my favourite photos uploading, so will share them once they're done

The kitties were soooooo pleased to see us! DH left on Sunday so this was their 5th day alone (except for our neighbour visiting and looking after them). Little Smudge was so smoochy, as soon as anyone sat down she'd be on our chest smooshing her face against ours, kneading away and purring her little heart out. Such sweet kitties. I'm currently in my bedroom and Smudge is on the bed, judging by the snores, Stumpy is sleeping under the bed and Lily is curled up by the door - she never hangs out in our room unless we're asleep and the lights are off. Ha - she must have known I was typing about her - she just looked up, mewed at me and jumped on to the bed and rubbed against my face and is now giving Smudge a bath.

My mum and aunt are now at the airport heading back to Australia after one month of solid sightseeing!

Stay tuned for pics

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! What a great trip! Can't wait to see the pictures!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wish I would have known you were coming to the Los Angeles area. I would have loved to meet you. However, it sounds like your time was pretty full. I live in the Hollywood area, but not in the seedy section. I'm glad you had a great time, though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I wish I would have known you were coming to the Los Angeles area. I would have loved to meet you. However, it sounds like your time was pretty full. I live in the Hollywood area, but not in the seedy section. I'm glad you had a great time, though.
I was actually going to see if you were free, but we had to cut down our time in LA itself from 2 days to 1 day so knew I wouldn't have time. I didn't realise you were in the Hollywood area - we'll be back there for sure with visitors in the next 6 months so will let you know when we do that!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok here we go!

Yosemite - look at those colours!!

Paris and Planet Hollywood in Vegas

To be continued...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The lions at MGM in Vegas - aren't they GORGEOUS?!?!?

And the lionesses. It's funny how all cats are the same...
They came out into the enclosure, stretched on the nearest tree, scratched their claws, rubbed their faces all over the tree to get their scent on it, then found a spot on the glass where a lion from the night before had rubbed his scent all over it (I was there Sunday night when the lions went home to bed, and again Monday morning when they came back out), and she sniffed it then opened her mouth the way my kitties do with a new scent!

Parts of the enclosure were perspex so you could see under the lions. The keepers were throwing the rawhides and toys on those bits so you could the lions from underneath which was AMAZING!

To be continued...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The 3 sisters napping after playtime

Awwww look at the face smooshed up against the glass!

The keeper was snuggling with them as well (I was so jealous of him!)

Yes, the lions were absolutely the highlight of Vegas - I could have watched them for hours and hours.

cat52

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm chuckling over the lovely pix: "Here's two of Yosemite, here's Vegas street...and here's EIGHT HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND pictures of lions."
Sounds like the right distribution to me! Nice big kitties!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by cat52

I'm chuckling over the lovely pix: "Here's two of Yosemite, here's Vegas street...and here's EIGHT HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND pictures of lions."
Sounds like the right distribution to me! Nice big kitties!
I actually have soooooo many more lion ones, it was so hard to pick out just a few to upload

Edit: Apparently I have 157 lion photos

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, I was really happy with that one! I was thinking of printing that one out and framing it as a christmas present for my Nan.