BIG girl

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did it..I took the plunge...

Look who I rescued from the humane society..
Please welcome

"Cynder"

She is 4 years old, spayed, and up to date on shots..given up by her owner due to illness.

She is sooo big..a big love bug...

I cannot tell if it is fat or fur..I feel TONS of fur..she is heavy, but it does not feel like fat..when you run your hands through her you feel so much FUR..

We will see what he vet says next week...

so now it is the wait for her to get used to us and hang out in her bathroom until we can slowly intro the babies..

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Good for you for going to a shelter and saving a life!! I wish you and your new beautiful honey years of health and happiness together!

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!!! Cynder is a gorgeous kitty. I hope she settles in quickly.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is beautiful, I love black cats. Thank you for adopting an adult cat. So many people are looking for kittens and the adults never get a second look or even a first look.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats!! Black & white kitties?!! My dream come true! Can I come live with you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menasmom

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Good for you for going to a shelter and saving a life!! I wish you and your new beautiful honey years of health and happiness together!
Hey thank you..I have been throwing around the idea of another cat and I really wanted an older furball...I love my babies..but 4 kittys seemed better

cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Congratulations!

When I get older and I can adopt cats of my own, I think I'll go for adult cats. I always picture myself asking for the cat who has been there the longest. I'd give that one a home.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww she's a beauty
Congratulations...good luck with the intros...I just introduced a 9 year old very LARGE Male to my 4 cats and it went really well...I took it slow and it's been great!!

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hit reply to fast there..Denice...I know so many adults were there today...so sad..

Oh Natalie
I knew you would find me...LOL..I felt kinda guilty bringing home a big black kitty..like I was messing up my color scheme or something of my fur babies...LOL...but she is solid black and such a flluff and lovey; plus Pumpkin needs a fluff to fluff around with her..the boys are so crazy...she just looks at them like "will you two please stop..."

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Awww she's a beauty
Congratulations...good luck with the intros...I just introduced a 9 year old very LARGE Male to my 4 cats and it went really well...I took it slow and it's been great!!
Cool! That is good news!

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is beautiful

My cat looks big but it's like, 80% fur. She's actually pretty tiny once you get under all of it (well, she still weighs 9 lbs but....there's just so much hair!)

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sakura

She is beautiful

My cat looks big but it's like, 80% fur. She's actually pretty tiny once you get under all of it (well, she still weighs 9 lbs but....there's just so much hair!)
LOL

yep just brought her home from the vet and that is what she weighs in at 9lbs!
He said she is healthy and not over weight, just a big girl and fluff-i-fied!!!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cynder is beautiful! You know Peaches looks really fat but she's not. She's just got so much fur. I have a feeling Cynder is the same. She probably has that thick undercoat like my kitties.

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Cynder is beautiful! You know Peaches looks really fat but she's not. She's just got so much fur. I have a feeling Cynder is the same. She probably has that thick undercoat like my kitties.
You know you are right..when I gave her a bath tonight, I could see the sleek cat under all the fur with her hair wet and slicked back...but now she is back to a big fluff..LOL. it is so cool...

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's beautiful! I have a HUGE soft spot for black cats. And you did such a good deed, taking home an adult black cat! They are the hardest to place. People and their silly superstitions!