There are perks that come with being Queen Bosscat

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ginger, as some of you may know, is the oldest at 28 months old. Being a tortie, she takes quite well to her role as the senior kitty in my household, and rules with an iron paw.
If you cross her, she'll whack you a good one, while letting out an ear-splitting shriek at the same time!

Because Max is coming to live with us, some spacial adjustments have had to be made to accomodate everyone at feeding time.

Ginger has specifically required that she have her food dish FAR away from the other cats' at dinner time ever since Ferris was adopted. Any other arrangement, and she'll turn her back to her dish.

Having Max eat with them is going to further cramp the cat's eating area, so to appease Ms. Queen Bosscat Ginger, I decided last night that from now on, her personal, raised wet-food dish will be kept right on the counter top underneath where the cat foods are stored. (That is where she waits to be fed, anyway, sprawled out on the counter like Cleopatra on her chaise lounge while her human slave prepares her dinner.
)

I figured that this new arrangement will be more appropriate concerning her higher status - the serfs will continue to be fed their dinners at floor level.

Ahhhh....it's so good to be queen!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How funny! I have this great image if Queen Ginger w/ her cleopatra crown on awaiting her dinner.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

If things get too bad with Max coming in, can you move her eating bowl to another room where you can close the door and she can have it all without fighting anyone?

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ah Tortitude.

I have a tortie who has it too. But Mistoflees puts her in her place b/c he's older (15). She knows who's boss in the house

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

If things get too bad with Max coming in, can you move her eating bowl to another room where you can close the door and she can have it all without fighting anyone?
Having hers off the floor ought to be sufficient.
NO ONE gets into her dish until she is finished.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I always wonder how people know that their cats want to be fed at a certain place....do they tell you?
Yep, pretty much. When I put her dish up on the counter last night, just before she set to, she gave me a look that said, "What the heck took you so long!?!"

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Torties do rule...just ask my Pepperpot! That is a great idea!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
yep, my Queen Sapphire must be fed away from the rest, she is the only one who actually gets a whole plate of food too, the rest graze off of each others

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

yep, my Queen Sapphire must be fed away from the rest, she is the only one who actually gets a whole plate of food too, the rest graze off of each others
Go Sapphy!

Of the 8 outside, Fafeena deems who eats & where. She lets Molly, Cow, & herself eat in the garage, no one else does. She deems to the "Bob's" the clean up crew.

Inside, Twitch rules upstairs, Ophelia downstairs. Ironic the deaf ones are rulers!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My girls are just the opposite. I used to feed them from two separate dishes, but they would both eat from the same dish anyway. So I decided to cut my dirty dishes in half, and start feeding them from one dish...they've never been happier.

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I always wonder how people know that their cats want to be fed at a certain place....do they tell you?
Yes they do!! Natasha likes to eat on the windowsill so she doesn't miss anything going on outside. If I (or a catsitter) tries to feed her elsewhere, she gives you a look and trots off to the windowsill.