A doll-Faced persian??

dalloo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi all ,,
i've been told that macho is a doll-faced persian but i have my doubts
would any one help me please in figuring out wither he's really a doll-faced or just a domestic cat
here are the pics:
at the of 6 months

here's a pic when he got older (8 months) and sorry for the bad quality

and finally,there he is in my sig. at the age of 10 months old

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where did you get him from? Without papers it would be more appropiate to call him a Persian mix. IMO he does resemble a doll face Persian.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will agree with Kity. He does look a lot like a persian. But if you didn't get him from a breeder or have papers, then its probably a persian mix. There are breeders who do breed the doll-face persians, but they wouldn't show them. Show quality persians are more flat faced.

He is cute tho

vrgchs

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Without papers it is hard to say, but he does look like he has Persian in him.

Like the others mentioned, I would say a persian mix.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sure matches all the photos on sites that came up when I googled "doll face persian". Agree with the others though, without papers or being shown that the parents had papers and the litter was just not registered, you can't know for sure.

Sure is a cutie pie though

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks like he could have persian in him. But like everyone else said without papers... you can just call him a mix
what a cutie!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He looks like a doll faced Persian, especially in the 2nd picture where he's older. I think he's beautiful, and to be honest I think Doll faced Persians are much better looking that the really flat faced Persians.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dalloo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i didn't get any papers with him,,unfortunately breeders here and even pet shops don't give such papers..
all the kittens from the second litter look the same as Macho by the way (if that could help)
i love macho whatever his breed was but i was just curious

Thanx all for your gr8 replies

HopeHacker: He looks like a doll faced Persian, especially in the 2nd picture where he's older. I think he's beautiful, and to be honest I think Doll faced Persians are much better looking that the really flat faced Persians.
I totally agree

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your kitty looks like a doll faced persian to me. A very cute one at that! Doll faced persians are the original Persian cat. Breeders are the ones who started breeding them to have the flat faces. It's kind of sad that they can't be shown, though since they are the original Persian look.

shambles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would definitely say your gorgeous boy is a doll-faced Persian. I have a registered doll-faced Persian named Beatrice, she looks very much like Macho.
I never thought I'd have a Persian until I saw my gorgeous girl, the flat-faced ones do absolutely nothing for me, but the doll-faced ones are just too cute!

jenniferd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have two purebred doll faced persians (with papers).
He looks like a doll faced persian. But without knowing who his parents are, it would be impossible to say if he is a purebred or a persian mix.

jenniferd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dalloo

i didn't get any papers with him,,unfortunately breeders here and even pet shops don't give such papers..
all the kittens from the second litter look the same as Macho by the way (if that could help)
i love macho whatever his breed was but i was just curious

Thanx all for your gr8 replies

I totally agree
I don't think there is any doubt he got persian in him. I don't think one can say for sure if he is purebred or a persian mix, but he sure is cute either way. He looks very much like mine (who is purebred) so he could very well be purebred.