TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Totino’s and Jeno’s Frozen Pizzas Recalled Due to Possible E. coli Contamination
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Totino’s and Jeno’s Frozen Pizzas Recalled Due to Possible E. coli Contamination

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
http://www.generalmills.com/corporat...terstitialskip

We had the Totinos pizza that was re-called & I got sick & so did John's brother
post #2 of 22
Oh no! I hope you are doing ok. I had food poisoning a few years ago and it's an experience I will never forget.
post #3 of 22
Oh god! My son lives off those pizzas.He had one for dinner tonight..................*off to check*
post #4 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin View Post
Oh god! My son lives off those pizzas.He had one for dinner tonight..................*off to check*
I know... John lives off them too, he never got sick, lucky him
post #5 of 22
His isn't on the list! He only eats the cheese pizzas! He's VERY picky and doesn't like anything on his pizza but "White Cheese and Ketchup"

*shoo* I was worried for a min
post #6 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin View Post
His isn't on the list! He only eats the cheese pizzas! He's VERY picky and doesn't like anything on his pizza but "White Cheese and Ketchup"

*shoo* I was worried for a min

I saw the cheese ones weren't on the list!

Glad he didn't eat a nasty one!
post #7 of 22
Yikes! Thanks for the heads up! I'm soo glad i don't eat those! I've had food poisoning twice - the last time i wound up in the ER and was sooo horribly sick- i wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy!
post #8 of 22
I heard it on the radio, but not brands. I live on freezer pizzas, thank god mine were Tombstones!
post #9 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley View Post
http://www.generalmills.com/corporat...terstitialskip

We had the Totinos pizza that was re-called & I got sick & so did John's brother
I heard something about this on the news last night. I did not catch the names so I am glad this was posted. I haven't had Totinos in a few months (July I think was the last time). I had bought 3 of them and got very sick about an hour of eating them. And because I am a dunce it took me till the second time I had the pizza to figure out that was what was making me so sick. The last pizza made it to the trash and no one ate it. Oh and it was the same variates listed in the recall.
post #10 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
I heard something about this on the news last night. I did not catch the names so I am glad this was posted. I haven't had Totinos in a few months (July I think was the last time). I had bought 3 of them and got very sick about an hour of eating them. And because I am a dunce it took me till the second time I had the pizza to figure out that was what was making me so sick. The last pizza made it to the trash and no one ate it. Oh and it was the same variates listed in the recall.
Scary isn't it?
I dont know whats safe to eat anymore! We live off frozen pizza most nights, now especially with the move!
post #11 of 22
I read only nine of the 21 reported ill (at the time the story and recall happened) had eaten one of the suspect pizzas - further, they thought it was the pepperoni, but no pepperoni recalls yet - maybe the other 12 ate the pepperoni - I'd avoid pepperoni until more information is available.
post #12 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley View Post
Scary isn't it?
I dont know whats safe to eat anymore! We live off frozen pizza most nights, now especially with the move!
Oh I know its getting bad. Seems every few weeks there is a recall on something. From food items such as this to medicines that we all thought were safe. Remember a few months back when the peanut butter recall happened? I had a jar of that in the house I use for the boys' sandwiches. Lucky for us that it had not been opened yet.

Whats even scarier is I was talking to a woman I know about the recall. And I was talking her how bad its gotten and every month it seems there is a recall. And you know what she said? She thinks its all a big hoax. And even if people really did have E Coli there is no way they can know it came from the pizza (and/or whatever it was they ate). I was shocked and she works preping food for people. Know thats scary.
post #13 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat52 View Post
I read only nine of the 21 reported ill (at the time the story and recall happened) had eaten one of the suspect pizzas - further, they thought it was the pepperoni, but no pepperoni recalls yet - maybe the other 12 ate the pepperoni - I'd avoid pepperoni until more information is available.
Thats the one that I ate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
Oh I know its getting bad. Seems every few weeks there is a recall on something. From food items such as this to medicines that we all thought were safe. Remember a few months back when the peanut butter recall happened? I had a jar of that in the house I use for the boys' sandwiches. Lucky for us that it had not been opened yet.

Whats even scarier is I was talking to a woman I know about the recall. And I was talking her how bad its gotten and every month it seems there is a recall. And you know what she said? She thinks its all a big hoax. And even if people really did have E Coli there is no way they can know it came from the pizza (and/or whatever it was they ate). I was shocked and she works preping food for people. Know thats scary.
Oh my... your right, that is scary
post #14 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat52 View Post
I read only nine of the 21 reported ill (at the time the story and recall happened) had eaten one of the suspect pizzas - further, they thought it was the pepperoni, but no pepperoni recalls yet - maybe the other 12 ate the pepperoni - I'd avoid pepperoni until more information is available.
I know that when I bought the Totino pizzas some months back I bought the pepperoni and meat trio ones. And within 1- 1 1/2 hours late I had violent stomach cramps (I mean bad bad ones) and TMI had violent diarrhea until I guess it was all out of my system. And because I did not know what caused it. I had another one a few days later with the same effects in the same time period after eating them. So the third one in the freezer got thrown in the trash because I was not taking any chances. And I have not bought Totino anything since then. To dang risky if you ask me.
post #15 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
I know that when I bought the Totino pizzas some months back I bought the pepperoni and meat trio ones. And within 1- 1 1/2 hours late I had violent stomach cramps (I mean bad bad ones) and TMI had violent diarrhea until I guess it was all out of my system. And because I did not know what caused it. I had another one a few days later with the same effects in the same time period after eating them. So the third one in the freezer got thrown in the trash because I was not taking any chances. And I have not bought Totino anything since then. To dang risky if you ask me.
Yeah, same thing happened to us- we got the Classic Pepperoni, thats the only kind I would ever really buy.
I haven't had any since then Thats too bad too, because they aren't so bad Well, until the e-coli hit
post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
I know that when I bought the Totino pizzas some months back I bought the pepperoni and meat trio ones. And within 1- 1 1/2 hours late I had violent stomach cramps (I mean bad bad ones) and TMI had violent diarrhea until I guess it was all out of my system. And because I did not know what caused it. I had another one a few days later with the same effects in the same time period after eating them. So the third one in the freezer got thrown in the trash because I was not taking any chances. And I have not bought Totino anything since then. To dang risky if you ask me.

Agreed, and I realize I wasn't clear: I'd ALSO avoid pepperoni until more info is available! I don't doubt the pizza was bad - your case is proof if any more is needed - but some people buy frozen crusts and make their own - like me, and I ain't buying pepperoni for those!
post #17 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat52 View Post
Agreed, and I realize I wasn't clear: I'd ALSO avoid pepperoni until more info is available! I don't doubt the pizza was bad - your case is proof if any more is needed - but some people buy frozen crusts and make their own - like me, and I ain't buying pepperoni for those!
I agree, I might be making my own for awhile now too!
post #18 of 22
Yeah it was bad. I have only felt that bad once before and that was some years ago when I made a midnight run to Dunkin Doughnuts for some Balvarin Cream doughnuts (the custard center ones). And 2 hours later I had the same reaction. And all these years later I still won't buy doughnuts.
post #19 of 22
Oh my goodness!!! I served these when we were watching my brother's 4 kids plus our three! That was just two weeks ago. I had no clue. Thankfully it seems those did not have a problem as no one got sick. That is scary to think what could have happened. Ugh, nothing can be trusted these days.
post #20 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worriedmommy View Post
Oh my goodness!!! I served these when we were watching my brother's 4 kids plus our three! That was just two weeks ago. I had no clue. Thankfully it seems those did not have a problem as no one got sick. That is scary to think what could have happened. Ugh, nothing can be trusted these days.
Thats why I wanted to make sure people saw this, they are quick & easy pizza's and I know that people around here have busy lives & kids - & they aren't so bad either!
post #21 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley View Post
Thats why I wanted to make sure people saw this, they are quick & easy pizza's and I know that people around here have busy lives & kids - & they aren't so bad either!
Well thank you for posting it.
post #22 of 22
I almost bought Totinos the other night!! Thanks for letting us know!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Totino’s and Jeno’s Frozen Pizzas Recalled Due to Possible E. coli Contamination