This made me cry

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Poor sweet baby!!
I'm glad he isn't in any pain! He looks like he is happy and I'm glad he is in a good loving home and has a kitty friend to love him too! He's a very precious kitty!

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhh that is just soooo sweet!
I love the picture of him grooming and snuggling with the other kitty. How heartwarming. Thank goodness he found a home where he is so loved.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This video brought me to mind of the fact that there are a lot of cats with "problems" in shelters. But the problems aren't really necessarily problems if they are adopted by the right people. If/when we do get another cat (if we aren't planning on getting a breeder, which will hopefully happen some time in the next five years), I plan on adopted a "special" cat!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ghosthunterbeck

This video brought me to mind of the fact that there are a lot of cats with "problems" in shelters. But the problems aren't really necessarily problems if they are adopted by the right people. If/when we do get another cat (if we aren't planning on getting a breeder, which will hopefully happen some time in the next five years), I plan on adopted a "special" cat!
Good for you! There are so many cats out there are in need of such deserving homes that they end up giving back as much as you put in.

shorty14788

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thats what my Weeble has. I adopted her from an animal shelter I use to work at. She isn't as bad as charley, but we do have the furniture placed under the windows in case she falls.

He's right though, she is one of the best cats ever. She loves to run and play, she loves the dogs, and she can't get into trouble on the kitchen counter since she can't jump that high.

Unfortunatly the same shelter has another one who has been there for almost 2 years. She is also named weeble. She was brought in as a kitten and wasn't adopted, now her chances of finding a good home are even smaller since she is an adult. She also has chonic sinusitis. (spelling?) So she is always congested. Fortunatly they are not a kill shelter. They will keep her until she finds a home. Sadly, she has been living in a cage since she was a couple of months old. (something that isn't good for a cat with her condition. The more they get to use their muscles, the better they seem to learn how to compensate) Hopefully the right home will come along soon.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwww bless his little cotton socks!!

He's a special needs little boy who's no different from a special needs human child.

Thank goodness he has a loving home that understands instead of having animals like him put to sleep when it's not necessary

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! Is it just me or is Charley one of the cutest things ever!?! Knowing he's not in pain makes his motor skills (or lack of) very endearing.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

OMG! Is it just me or is Charley one of the cutest things ever!?!
No it's not because i've watched that video several times already this morning and i would be more than pleased to open my home to one like Charley

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is adorable! He has the sweetest little face, and seems so happy and loving. I would love a cuddle from him.
My Pepper has an injury from being hit by a car and left there, but she gets around better than Charley. She is a brat. I wish I had room for a special needs cat, but all of mine are rescues, and most have had injuries. Pepper was hit by a car, Scooter was tried to be flushed down a toilet, Pearl was abused, and we don't know about Fluffy, she seems pretty normal.
Now if I can just find a home for a sweet white cat, neutered, declawed, and thrown away.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ghosthunterbeck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay, if I lived in FL, I would *so* go and pick up Weeble right now! I'm kicking myself hard in the butt for wanting another cat so badly right now, but I just can't help myself. I want to "save" every single one of our ferals, I want to open my home to everybody, and I just *can't,* as much for Whisper's sake as for that of my own, my husband and our unborn child!

Grrr! I hate that!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it's not funny but I couldn't help but giggle.
He's just so cute and I think the fact that he's not in pain kind of made it lighter for me. I don't know maybe I'm just wrong.

shorty14788

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ghosthunterbeck

Okay, if I lived in FL, I would *so* go and pick up Weeble right now! I'm kicking myself hard in the butt for wanting another cat so badly right now, but I just can't help myself. I want to "save" every single one of our ferals, I want to open my home to everybody, and I just *can't,* as much for Whisper's sake as for that of my own, my husband and our unborn child!

Grrr! I hate that!
I know how you feel. I am up to 10 cats now and even though I so wish I could bring her home, I know that I don't have time for anymore animals. Sometimes I feel stretched too thin as it is. I just couldn't bring her into my home without knowing I could give her all the love she deserves.

and don't feel bad for snickering... I find myself laughing at Weebles antics all the time. She has no idea she is differant and sometimes its just funny to watch her shake her little butt when she walks. She kinda walks like there's a big stick up her rear... Its too funny. I can have the worst day, and just watching her play can make me smile. They are a very special kind of cat....

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

He's just so cute and I think the fact that he's not in pain kind of made it lighter for me. I don't know maybe I'm just wrong.
Don't worry, i can see what you mean
He's funny in a cute way, and like you say it makes it better that he isn't suffering in any way

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both of the clinic cats (Pete and Gulliver) have cerebellar hypoplasia. Pete is the official 'greeter' and wobbles up to absolutely everyone who enters the clinic. Gulliver is much more seriously disabled, but is a purr-y, drooly little lover-boy. My vet, Dr. Sue, found both of them at the animal shelter, where they were scheduled to be euthanized. Pete is now about 12 or 13 years old. Gulliver is a little over a year old. They're both wonderful kitties!

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Nah, don't feel bad. It is cute! I laughed and cried at the same time!