TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I think i ate something bad last night (icky)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I think i ate something bad last night (icky)

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
Well it's 9:30 am, i've had probably a total of an hours sleep, and been running to the loo 5 times in the last 7 hours. I wasn't sure if i was going to vomit or not, but i haven't. But my insides are so unhappy. Something i ate yesterday must've given me food poisoning. I'm probably sticking to water & plain toast today, but what else could be safe for me to eat/drink while i have this case of diarrhoea? it's too yuck to say in normal text i've never had it like this before. There's no blood or stomach cramps, just a big feeling of emptiness and god am i glad we have 2 toilets here. I won't go into details

I had chocolate last night, but it's never made me sick before, now i'm so off it. I had some steamed rice and crispy chicken from a takeaway. I usually get it from a place near there, but the shopping centre is having renovations so my usual one is closed ( i don't Chinese too often, but i didn't have much money on me and it was the cheapest). I'm pretty sure even though i liked the food, the chicken tasted kinda funny. I also don't get the stir fried food from there because it looks too gunky. I'd only have their steamed dim sims or drinks.

Someone send me a hug, i soo need it. I want to crawl back into bed and cuddle my doona
post #2 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoriana View Post
Well it's 9:30 am, i've had probably a total of an hours sleep, and been running to the loo 5 times in the last 7 hours. I wasn't sure if i was going to vomit or not, but i haven't. But my insides are so unhappy. Something i ate yesterday must've given me food poisoning. I'm probably sticking to water & plain toast today, but what else could be safe for me to eat/drink while i have this case of diarrhoea? it's too yuck to say in normal text i've never had it like this before. There's no blood or stomach cramps, just a big feeling of emptiness and god am i glad we have 2 toilets here. I won't go into details

I had chocolate last night, but it's never made me sick before, now i'm so off it. I had some steamed rice and crispy chicken from a takeaway. I usually get it from a place near there, but the shopping centre is having renovations so my usual one is closed ( i don't Chinese too often, but i didn't have much money on me and it was the cheapest). I'm pretty sure even though i liked the food, the chicken tasted kinda funny. I also don't get the stir fried food from there because it looks too gunky. I'd only have their steamed dim sims or drinks.

Someone send me a hug, i soo need it. I want to crawl back into bed and cuddle my doona
I usllay stick to crackers and tea. sorry you feel so bad,
post #3 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbjerkness View Post
I usllay stick to crackers and tea. sorry you feel so bad,
as usual my fingers type faster than my brain
post #4 of 22
Awwww, im so sorry you feel bad. Damn that chinese food!
Its okay for you to eat crackers while your stomach is upset, also some soup...something simple like chicken noodle. Also drinking ginger ale helps alot. I hope you feel better! Try taking some pepto bismol!

:Hugs!!!!:

post #5 of 22
You poor thing!

I just posted on a similar thread and mentioned my favourite stomach settler of boiled 7up or sprite.
post #6 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
Awwww, im so sorry you feel bad. Damn that chinese food!
Its okay for you to eat crackers while your stomach is upset, also some soup...something simple like chicken noodle. Also drinking ginger ale helps alot. I hope you feel better! Try taking some pepto bismol!

:Hugs!!!!:

is that like asprin or the stuff used for heartburn?
post #7 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoriana View Post
is that like asprin or the stuff used for heartburn?
Pepto Bismol takes care of upset stomach, diareah(sp), nausea, heartburn, and indigestion.



Or as I like to call it, "the pink stuff!"
post #8 of 22
Pepto Bismol is generically called Pink Bismuth And here is a wiki article about it! Ususally helps a lot for most people, it works on a lot of ailments, though if it truly is food poisoning, you may need to let it run it's course and let it get out of your system. Sticking to light foods and liquids will be best for you. Make sure you keep yourself hydrated! that you feel better soon!
post #9 of 22
I'm sorry you're feeling so bad! I hope you feel better soon!! I'm kinda in the same boat as you right now. When I had my heart procedure monday the anesthesia really upset my stomach. My stomach is still torn all up. I have HORRIBLE indigestion! My problem is that it won't go away and I CAN'T use the bathroom! It's an awful feeling!
post #10 of 22
I hope you feel better soon. Pepto (or the generic) is the only thing I take for those kind of troubles. Pedialyte helps for dehydration and replacing electrolytes (I hate gatorade).
post #11 of 22
I can kinda sympathize with you. I got sick on Tuesday and I thought I was all better till just a little while ago. So I'm going back to chicken broth soup and crackers and that sort of stuff. Also gatorade. I've been so boored of bland food.
post #12 of 22
Eh, I went to Watergardens while i was there and ate at one sushi place, mind you i only got an avocado roll, but the thing had filled with Mayo Yeah... You can see it happening... I barfed and felt sick as soon as we got home!

Get better soon! I currently have the flu and am having 14 hour work days!
post #13 of 22
Thread Starter 
Well there goes my toast, the only food i've had in the 16 hours i've been awake
post #14 of 22


I hope you feel better this morning.
post #15 of 22
An apple or fresh steamed green beans (or canned) help me if I have eaten something that didn't agree. Not very scientific, but it works every time for me. But if I was throwing up I probably just wouldn't feel like eating at all.
Hope you get to feeling better soon!
post #16 of 22
I dont know where you live- but could you have eaten one of the pizzas that was recalled for e-coli?

We got them & I was sick for days

http://thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146978
post #17 of 22
I hope you're feeling better today.
post #18 of 22
Thread Starter 
Am feeling better but i feel empty and sore and woke up all sweaty this morning. I managed a bit of food but don't want to over do it.

No i didn't have pizza, it was chinese food (steamed rice & crispy chicken). The chicken was kinda funny. Tristan just called and said he was sick from the same place 2 years ago! I also got sick i think it was last year, and it WAS a pizza place. We both at the same pizza and had the same drinks, but only i got sick the next day.

I don't think i'm going to trust that kind of food anymore, and will stick to the sandwich and juice bars. I've noticed in a couple of the big shopping centres that are very asian populated, none of the women wash their hands after they go to the toilet! My father says he sees the same thing in the guys loos too. *barf*
post #19 of 22
I cannot eat or even smell Chinese food. I had the same reaction one time and had really bad stomach cramps as well. Never again. And poor Trav LOOOOOOVES asian food
post #20 of 22
Thread Starter 
Getting there slowly slowly. It is 7:40pm and know how much i've eaten today?? 3 potatos!! *sighs* i miss roast chicken..hope i can have it by next weekend
post #21 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy View Post
I cannot eat or even smell Chinese food. I had the same reaction one time and had really bad stomach cramps as well. Never again. And poor Trav LOOOOOOVES asian food
I loved the asian food and i still do, but i now refuse to have take away.
Reason being because when i was in Australia, i had Sushi, and it made me all sick.

Reason two: Twice on different occasions, Trav and I went out for asian at two different places and it made me sick, i went back to one of them a few days later as i needed lunch, i only had fried leechys and steamed rice and i got the runs. I am sorry I am never returning to an asian restaurant for a longggggggg while I have to cook it at home my self!
post #22 of 22
The fascinating thing with rice is that it has so much sticky starch on it that bacteria love to stick to it. I would say it is from the rice. You would be surprised how many people get sick from rice and not realise it.

Hope you feel better soon.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I think i ate something bad last night (icky)