So Bad It's Good! Movie theme for the month of November!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You asked for it TCS and you got it. November is officially "So bad it's good!" Tonight we are going to kick off with Freddie Got Fingered, and some time this weekend we shall do Showgirls!

If anyone would like to give me some suggestions on movies to add to my list I'll see what I can do. Part of it is going to be limited by time, and the fact that if the movies get really bad I'm going to need to take a break.

So TCS, what should I watch?

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Keeping with the Halloween spirit, watch Freddy vs. Jason -- a real stinker

conbrio

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Spies Like Us

Spaceballs

Groundhog Day

The Man Who Knew too Little

Anything Monty Python

anything Mel Brooks

A movie I have not seen since I was a kid --- Saturday the 14th

These are the movies I can think of at the moment. These are also movies my wife can't really stand but I love.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you should watch half baked. Course you might not want to watch a movie about smoking weed but IMO it's so stupid it's funny.

annericebowl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Any early Sam Raimi stuff (you know, the guy that directed the Spiderman movies?): Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, and Army of Darkness (the first two were B movies, the third actually made it to the theaters).

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The Man with Two Brains is so ridiculously good. I sat through Children of the Corn II and it was such a bad movie but we laughed a lot.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is a great movie, it really isn't bad! It is my all time favorite, especially
when I need to laugh, It is sooooooo funny, you have to watch it more than once! I hate watching or seeing a movie more than once, but this one
I could watch over and over, etc!!!
"Diary of a Mad Black Woman" ( Madea) OMG!!!! You will crack!!!!!!!!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Galaxy Quest...silly cheap movie, but it cracks me up every time

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Freddie Got Fingered (2001)
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/...104200304/1023

Above is the Roger Ebert review of this movie. It just about sums it up. Also, a warning, if you are a parent. Don't show anyone under 18 this movie. Wait. Let me back up. How about you simply just never watch this movie, and then you don't have to care about you kid seeing it. It was terrible. In fact, this is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's so bad that they only reason I can understand why this movie is still in print is I think that the US Government is buying it and shipping it to it's Black Sites. I truly think that this film could get anyone to confess to anything upon one viewing. Multiple viewings would cause some sort of temporary insanity.

Let me walk you though the things my husband said to me through out the viewing:
1. Did you slip something in my water?
2. Honey, you've been in a mental institution, is this what that level of crazy is like? (I had to weakly agree.)
3. I want to track down the investors of this movie, force them to watch it, and then beat them up.
4. Oh thank GOD! Ending credits. Never do that to me again.

We both agree that when we die, this movie gets us an extra 90 minutes left on Earth. It's a free pass.

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ghostbusters!

My friends and I watched this on Halloween and we could not stop commenting on the sexual innuendo in there ... It was like every other line.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It might be a little hard to find, I saw it on Mystery Science 3000. It is Ann Margaret's first movie called "Kitten With A Whip." It is about a bad girl that, well, I am not going to ruin it for you, but it definitely falls into the so bad it's good category. And there is always "Drag Strip Girls" and "Chopper Chicks From Zombie Town" and of course the Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello beach movies, some of my personal favorites. I love the surf music in the sound tracks. These are so cheesy they are fun.

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What about Joe Dirt? That movie was so awful but every time it's on TV I am like compelled to watch it
SO bad its good I guess!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Roxie225

What about Joe Dirt? That movie was so awful but every time it's on TV I am like compelled to watch it
SO bad its good I guess!
Thats just about as bad as Drop Dead Fred!

cat52

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes ("Pass the ketchup...oops.")

Manos, the Hands of Fate ("Not dead as you know it...")