My cat's not using the litterbox anymore!

kittykay94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a cat and her name is Foxy and she is about 3 or 4 months old and the litterbox has never been a problem before. Now, she has been pooping all over the house. When I was cleaning up her poop earlier, I noticed there was a little bit of blood in it and the poop was not very normal looking, it was redish and looked like she ate alot of my dog's food. I don't think that's the case because she has not been eating it and she ate alot of it along time ago and nothing happened. Her poop has been very Diarehha-like. This has been going on for maybe a little more than a week. My mother is getting very angry because of this and if my dad doesn't take her to his house she will take Foxy to the shelter tonight
so please help me ASAP
!!!!!

cat52

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your kitty needs to visit the vet, not a shelter...will your mother or father help you get her to the vet's? What you are describing does not sound healthy.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The very first thing you should do is take your kitty to the vet. This is not normal and usually when cats stop using their litter (doing their pee/poo outside the litter box), they are trying to tell you they are sick.

If you can get a sample of the poo (as fresh as possible), take that with you to the vet so they can check it.

Has she ever been to a vet? If not, she will probably have worms and need de-worming as well as a general examination and her vaccinations.

Please appeal to your mom and/or dad to get the kitty in to see the vet as soon as possible - she needs to go now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittykay94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay well, I just got off the phone with my dad and I told him she needs to go to the vet. How long do you think she can wait, because my dad can't afford it right now but he really loves Foxy and he will take good care of her. My mom doesn't really like Foxy so I don't think she will help but maybe I can get her to.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
the sooner, the better. diarrhea causes dehydration [not to mention the mess!].
many vets will work with you with a payment plan. mine took a post-dated check last month.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittykay94

Okay well, I just got off the phone with my dad and I told him she needs to go to the vet. How long do you think she can wait, because my dad can't afford it right now but he really loves Foxy and he will take good care of her. My mom doesn't really like Foxy so I don't think she will help but maybe I can get her to.
Aw bless you. Honey, kitty does need a vet now. The other poster is right, diarrhea can cause dehydration and young kitties can dehydrate very, very quickly which is life-threatening. Hopefully your dad can work some sort of payment out with the vet or you can persuade your mom to help, but we all urge you to do it as soon as possible - kitty needs you now.

kittykay94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your help everyone! I'll make sure she stays hydrated until she sees the vet. I'm also saving all my allowence for her so that way she can go quicker. Thanks again!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please keep us up-to-date on how she's doing. Also on how you are doing - this must be hard for you too.

Hugs

cat52

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good for you, KittyKay, and good for your Dad! Vets aren't cheap, but Foxy sounds like she really needs one. You're doing the right thing. that Foxy is okay soon.

kittykay94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
UPDATE:

Okay well ever since she has been at my dad's she has gained a lot of weight and her fur has goten softer and she has been even more playful and seems to never be tired
. She has been using the litter box too so I think whatever was wrong with her is gone. She will still need to go to the vet of course but it is not as urgent as before.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittykay94

UPDATE:

Okay well ever since she has been at my dad's she has gained a lot of weight and her fur has goten softer and she has been even more playful and seems to never be tired
. She has been using the litter box too so I think whatever was wrong with her is gone. She will still need to go to the vet of course but it is not as urgent as before.
Thanks for the update. I'm so glad to hear she's doing better.

kittykay94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You're welcome. She went to the vet about a week ago and the vet said she looks great and if she had worms the vet gave her medicine to treat it and she got all her shots and everything.