How quickly it falls apart

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel like I owe it to some people to keep posting, but I don't know how much more of this I can take. Kismet went back in an emergency rush. Last night she didn't eat overnight, and she threw up overnight. Bad news. in the morning she wouldn't eat so I force fed her a bit before work and left her food. By the time I got home she had thrown up atleast 6-8 times, by the end mostly foamy bile and was a total mess, maybe worse then before, I guess her electrolytes etc. were all out of wack. So I rushed her back to the vet after finding a car to borrow. He sedated her and gave her fluids, but can't push any food because she just vomits

He is keeping her quietly and comfortably sedated overnight and then we are going to check her enzymes tomorrow.

If they have gotten worse I don't know what we are going to do, but it isn't looking good.

This is BY FAR. the hardest thing I've ever been through.

barbb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they let you visit her while she is in there, you can talk to her and make sure she knows how much you want her to live and be well again.

It is incredible that you are shepherding her through this expensive and terrible disease. I do know cats that have survived, thousands of dollars later. The longer you can get the vet to keep her and make sure she is fully stable before coming home, the better.

I realize right now you are just praying she will live. My thoughts are with you.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please know you don't have to post...we will all understand. This place is for support when you want it, and understanding when you just want to be quiet. You can always just pm the folks you are closest to here, and not post publicly for a bit.

Get some sleep, sending you some strength vibes and healing vibes for Kismet

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear there has been a setback, I do hope she pulls through.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
for your baby and
for you...I think there really is something to talking to her quietly and letting her know you just want to do the best thing for her.

I think it makes you calmer, which the kitties pick up on and in turn feel better. I can't explain it any other way.

We are all pulling for you and Kismet to beat this.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hugs for you and Kismet. I too am sorry to hear that there was a setback. This is a great place to get support but please do not pressure yourself to post. If you need a break from posting please take one. People will stil be here to support you in the future when you decide you are ready to come back. I hope you can visit your kitty to while she is in the vets. It can help Kismet to just be there and talk to her if you are allowed to do so. Hang in there and take the time you need to in order to take care of yourself too.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww we wish you & Kismet didn't have to go through all of that...

Many For Kismet to get better!!
We'll cross our fingers for you too

If you need anything at all - we are all here for you

sadie'smom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am sorry to hear that! I myself just went through having my cat sick as well...certainly puts things in perspective...
All the best!!

aileen06

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear things things aren't going well for Kismet right now. I'll keep you both in my prayers.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We're here to support you. Don't feel like you owe us anything. I'm so sorry Kismet's condition has regressed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone. I just want to say thank you for your support, it's the best thing you could give me right now.....and I didn't mean that I don't want to post because I do!! This up and down is just so exhausting....but I just scrolled through all the tigger posts......really puts things in perspective and now some of my good thoughts and energies are going elsewhere as well.

Looks like Kis will be with the vet for awhile, he said she responds amazingly fast to the antiemetics so we shouldn't have stopped them (about 15 minutes after he gave them too her, of course after rehydrating her etc.) she started eating right away. Her blood work has stabalized, it isn't good, but it's not getting worse. We aren't out of the woods yet, but he says that she hasn't given up (tries to eat as soon as she is feeling better), so neither will we.

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lmunsie

Hi everyone. I just want to say thank you for your support, it's the best thing you could give me right now.....and I didn't mean that I don't want to post because I do!! This up and down is just so exhausting....but I just scrolled through all the tigger posts......really puts things in perspective and now some of my good thoughts and energies are going elsewhere as well.

Looks like Kis will be with the vet for awhile, he said she responds amazingly fast to the antiemetics so we shouldn't have stopped them (about 15 minutes after he gave them too her, of course after rehydrating her etc.) she started eating right away. Her blood work has stabalized, it isn't good, but it's not getting worse. We aren't out of the woods yet, but he says that she hasn't given up (tries to eat as soon as she is feeling better), so neither will we.
She's such a fighter!
I'm so happy to hear that nobody's giving up. You remain in my thoughts and prayers.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kismet sounds like a fighter. I am glad things are improving for both of you. Thank you for continuing to provide updates. I am glad you are finally getting some positive news from the vet.

dez

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is such a strong willed kitty. She is very lucky to have such a caring mommy.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prayers for Kismet's recovery - she's so blessed with such a strong, caring mommy, but may you be blessed with the strength you need to take care of her.