How sad! We haven't had a single trick-or-treater tonight!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww you guys i'm soo sad! We haven't had a single trick-or-treater at my house tonight
Earlier in the evening i went to my sister's house (She was having a halloween party for her kids and their friends-so i helped and we cooked a TON of food!) While i was there she had about 6 trick or treaters come. When I was gone from my home, Colin came home on his dinner break (he's a police officer) and was here to pass out candy- he said we didn't have and kids when he was here.

Now i've been home for about an hour now and we still haven't had one. Aww the weather is nice too! Our home is right in the backyard (literally!) of the local elementary school- i figured we'd have a lot! I always love seeing the cute kiddos in their costumes and giving them candy.

So yea....any ideas for my 3 huge bags of candy i will have leftover?
I have an idea

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea!!!! I just had 3 trick or treaters
I had a bride, a cowgirl, and a little pink princess
Wouldn't you know as soon as i posted i'd get some
I gave them a LOT of candy too because i don't think i'm going to have many at all tonight!

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw that does stink! I think it was just a slow year. We only had three small groups- the first, no idea what the kid was supposed to be.. the second was a ninja turtle and his mom
and for the third I sent DH to the door while I tried to calm Boo down and all I heard over Boo's barking was "oh... bloody teenagers"
Apparently they did some sort of Carrie thing... bloody prom dresses and whatnot....

Wish there were more...

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went out and most houses didnt have their lights on! It was only 8... not that late! Oh well we still got some candy!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

Aw that does stink! I think it was just a slow year. We only had three small groups- the first, no idea what the kid was supposed to be.. the second was a ninja turtle and his mom
and for the third I sent DH to the door while I tried to calm Boo down and all I heard over Boo's barking was "oh... bloody teenagers"
Apparently they did some sort of Carrie thing... bloody prom dresses and whatnot....

Wish there were more...
That's funny about the "bloody teenagers" comment

Originally Posted by capt_jordi

We went out and most houses didnt have their lights on! It was only 8... not that late! Oh well we still got some candy!
Aww that's no fun! I noticed quite a few of my neighbors didn't have their lights on tonight. I have ours on and our wooden door cracked a bit so i can see out and watch for them. The kitties are dressed up in their costumes too
(The dogs i put up for the night just incase any kiddos were scared of their size- both of my boys are lounging around the bedroom
)

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had 4 kids and B that needed access to the bowl.

The rest of the candy will probably follow me into work tomorrow. Lunch rooms are always handy for things like this

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had the most in probably 3 years now. It was kinda boring. The costumes were lame and the parents were younger than me(30).

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We live towards the end of the blocks and most of the immediate neighbors don't have lights on for the trick/treaters. So I guess we handed out candy for about a dozen kids by 9pm. We told them to take 2 pieces each

The cats were sent to the basement - don't want an "accidental" escapee on Halloween! Keno loves greeting the kids and seeing the costumes (even if she's in her "dog" costumes).....

lizsto1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I too was disappointed this year. We had maybe 10....2 groups of about 5 kids. Lots of candy left over. We only stayed outside for about a half hour and packed it in. How sad.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We live on a hill with not many little kids and we are sort of hidden (it doesnt help that we are the only house on the street to
) So we had one trick or treater which was our neighbors son which well we made him up a bag like my niece and nephews (we do every year) Also every year my dad insists that he buys candy for the "trick or treaters"
ya ok, he isnt fooling anyone, maybe in the last 10 years we have had 3 total...he just wants the candy for himself

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always buy too much candy... now last year I had a few groups of kids, some mixed with adults... this year, it's now just past 8 here and I've had no one. Nada. Zip. And all those Smarties... Oy, I shouldn't have bought such a big bag of those... along with all the other candy. Well, I'm going out to a writing thing at midnight (leaving earlier, though) and will maybe bring some with me... sugar always goes over well with writers...

Amanda

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got the feeling that Halloween will one day be one of those things that we talk about and say "Remember when kids used to go house to house gathering candy on October 31st?"

I live in an apartment and wasn't expecting any kids so I didn't buy any candy/chocolate. I had 2 come to the door around 9pm. The only thing I had to give each of them was a bag of microwave popcorn. Hope their Mom has a microwave!

The littlest one was a skeleton and the older one who looked about 10 years old could have been "Batman" or something with a black cape
They didn't have coats on so they must live in the building. Don't think they got very much candy though. Most here don't buy because we don't get door to door trick or treaters. This was actually a first for me and I've lived here 11 years.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, i think the three girls who showed up earlier are my only ones for the night. It's almost 10:30pm now, and i looked down the street from my house and all the homes had their lights off and there were no parents or kiddos in sight, so i guess my neighborhood is done for the night. I turned off the porch light and have put the candy up. Hopefully next year, we will have more. We had a very tinsy turn out this year- i'm kind of disappointed!

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We didn't have any and my parents had 4! That's actually not bad, we usually have between 5 and 10, last year we had 20!!! My husband's co-worker said they had 300 yesterday!! I can't imagine that many kids!

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had several hundred show, most in groups of 8-10.
As my husband says, they are busing them to our neighborhood. We could hear the vehicle doors slam shut.
The younger kids were very polite, please and thank you.
The older kids weren't quite so polite, so they received less candy.